Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Early Pictures

Tbucit

I found these early pics of my build and figured out how to scan them (well maybe i did) but any way this is how I started. They may be a bit confusing if so let me know and i will try to explain. (There a gap between the first one and the others)

Randall

EarlyPics.jpg

EarlyPics1.jpg

EarlyPics2.jpg

EarlyPics3.jpg

EarlyPics4.jpg

EarlyPics5.jpg

EarlyPics6.jpg

EarlyPics7.jpg

bodymount019.jpg

Nice build pics. Ok, the Buckets drivable, so now it's time to throw the ball for the dog, he's patiently waitin......:cool: "BH"

Great pictures Randall! I really like the detail on this car. I hope to be able to see it in person one day. :clap:

Ron

What size and brand tires are you running?

I just looked over your pics again, and I noticed a couple things...
1) Nice Vice Stand ! Looks like atleast 6" square (?) I mounted mine to a piece of 8" heavy wall pipe, welded to a 1/2 plate bolted to the floor. The pipe works great for bending radius rods around it....I can also remove the vice and bolt on my Ring Roller and Metal former and pipe bender..

2) What steering box are you using ?

3) whooz windshield posts are you using? or did you build those...I wanted to use the layed back windshield on my CCR body, but I don't care for so much angle, I'd like to have about 1/2 as much as you have on yours.

Thank's ! "BH"

Thanks BH, Yeah it is 6 x 6 tube that I found somewhere and finally use for the vice stand. It has a big plate (bout 14 x 20 x 3/4) as a base.

The steering box is a old Volkswagen bus around a sixty model. It has a neat bracket that bolts to the frame and a clamp that lets you pivot the box to the angle you want.

The post are angled ones from TP. I was concerned about the amount of "lean" as well but have found it not to be a problem becuase it is still in front of the stering column and I don't ride that far forward.

Tbucit said:
I was concerned about the amount of "lean" as well but have found it not to be a problem becuase it is still in front of the stering column and I don't ride that far forward.

:D After Fred's little run in with the police, that much lean looks plain dangerous to me. I agree with BH that half would be better. Besides, us bigger guys need that extra room to get in and out.

I'm thinkin of a shorty windshield thats straight up, I kinda had my mind set on a layed back one because at the time I got my body they were the NEW LOOK...(thats how long I been sittin on this heep....)
I gotta see if I can still fit in mine and see how high my head sticks up above the cowl so I can take a measurement. Nothin looks more ridiculus than some fat head in the wind above the windshield !!:D:lol::lol:
Drivin down the road lookin like a Circus Bear drivin a T-Bucket.....:eek::eek::eek: "BH"

Baby Huey said:
I'm thinkin of a shorty windshield thats straight up, I kinda had my mind set on a layed back one because at the time I got my body they were the NEW LOOK...(thats how long I been sittin on this heep....)

Jeez, wasn't that like 1989?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back