Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wanted Enclosed Car Trailer

They look nice, but the closest dealer is 16 hours away. Appreciate you thinking about me thou!

I can't help myself, I just had to screw with this scammer on CraigsList, an 20 foot aluminum enclosed car trailer for $1200. Same old sob story her husband just died, so I just kept her interested and tried to sound excited about her trailer. There have been several emails, the last couple are below. I responded to the last email with call me and the same phone number again. The address and phone number is for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations (OSBI) ..... hehehehe !!! Probably won't call, but it should be funny if she does.

Good morning, Rick
eBay told me they already sent you the invoice, make sure you also check your spam folder. Everything is ready on my behalf, I have signed and authorised all the paperwork.I used the same method when I bought a camera from eBay, it was very quick and simple.Also, there is no reason to worry because after those 5 days of inspection, if by any reason you find something you don`t like about the trailer, you can send it back, on my cost and eBay will refund you in full, in max 48 hours.For any questions contact eBay Support Department:+1 (818) 850-7757.
Let me know if you're going to make the payment,
Thank you!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:53 PM Angie Carpenter <angie.carpenter8@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi again, Rick
I have received your shipping information and I've just sent them to financial department of eBay, they will send you tomorrow morning the invoice and all the details for our deal by email. Please let me know as soon they have contacted you, I'm ready to proceed with the shipping. Keep in touch!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:37 PM Rick <Junk29@cox.net> wrote:

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly !!! I'm so addicted,....when do you think the trailer will arrive ???

Rick McGawnasity

6600 North Harvey Pl
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
Phone: 405-848-6724

Craigslist-Scam.jpg

I keep asking to see it in person and watch how creative they get... usually a Kubota tractor or diesel truck for an unbelievable price... just joined the military and stationed in Russia or dad died, house burnt, etc... I Hate the internet sometimes.

As I keep researching and looking on websites I began to wonder just how important it
will be to have a trailer from a manufacture that has dealers all across the US, such as
Halmark or Pace. What's been your experience?

Maybe it's OK to just makes sure the parts are available across the US, which really comes
down to axles. Anything else that would be important?

most are Dexter axles and replacements are easy to get but can get expensive if out away from home always carry spare bearings and seals and dust caps caps get stolen a lot

most are Dexter axles and replacements are easy to get but can get expensive if out away from home always carry spare bearings and seals and dust caps caps get stolen a lot

Great point about keeping spares T-Test!!!

I have found that most trailer parts are basically interchangeable as far as tongue and axle related parts. Door hinge and latch related stuff would be questionable. I don’t think many, if any, manufacture components so you should be able to find suitable replacements... in theory. I would feel better having one built with generic parts as opposed to custom pieces but would suggest inspecting and comparing in person prior to purchase. Some are built better than others. We had to clean up my parents property and my step dad had fifty years of stuff from his striping and paving company. In the process of salvaging and scrapping trailers and truck boxes, etc, it was clear that there were big differences in construction techniques. Some were much more difficult to disassemble, lol.

Well my trailer has been across the USA more than once and from Canada to the Gulf more than once & if you maintain these things on a regular basis then you will have trouble free trips. I always check & repack the bearings and check the brakes in the spring. I have only had three (3) tire problems on this trailer in about 10 years. Stay on top of the maintenance then you will travel in style...……..also have FUN....DSCN2723.JPG this one was built in the northwest area and is not a name brand.....

Most of the trailer axles are somewhat generic here in Aus, are they not that way in the US of A??
Well from the comments above, looks like you were right!

I have only had three (3) tire problems on this trailer in about 10 years.
Looks like about a 16 foot trailer? What size of type of tire are you using .... radial, 6 ply or ..... ?

Thanks for all the comments guys, there is nothing better than experience speaking.

20 foot with a 4 foot V nose so over all it is 24 foot plus tongue. It is pretty heavy at about 3000 lbs. I run 235-75-15 10 ply at 75/80 psi. 3/4 inch plywood floor. I drive my Bucket in past the fender wells and tye it down on all four corners thru the wheels..... I also carry the valve cover track with legs & hardware in this thing...I love it.

LincolnuT - What is your process for checking the brakes?

20 foot with a 4 foot V nose so over all it is 24 foot plus tongue.
Ah OK, must be the perspective of the pic.

I drive my Bucket in past the fender wells and tye it down on all four corners thru the wheels
So I wondered if they made straps wide enough for the rear tires, looks like they do
since you have them.

upload_2020-1-19_9-38-4.png

I run 235-75-15 10 ply
Is 10 ply normal or are you using something better than the minimum?

I would not recommend radials. They are detrimental if you have a blow out. The steel belts tear up everything in their path. Also, there are varying qualities of those straps. I get mine from truck n tow, a commercial supply company. There is a huge difference in thickness, strength, and longevity... price too.

Thanks for the info!

Mark when I remove the hubs to pack the bearings then I check the brakes visually. If I see any thing out of the ordinary then I will replace them, but I have only had to do that once cause one of the pads was broke.
I only use radial trailer tires. They will say "for trailer service only" on the sidewall, I think they are load range "E" they also say 80 psi on the sidewall. The flexing of the sidewall is what builds the heat that kills tires so the stiffer sidewalls the better and my tires are Radials.
I don't use the type of straps you show Rick I have 25,000 lbs. straps thru the Crager wheels, I am sure that the ones you show will be fine but with my fenders they are a pain in the butt. I don't have any photos of the tie downs that I use but you will plenty of practice...

I made a small mistake back up there. The tire size is 225x75x15 Radial 10 Ply...

I don't use the type of straps you show Rick I have 25,000 lbs. straps thru the Crager wheels, I am sure that the ones you show will be fine but with my fenders they are a pain in the butt.
OK I noticed you said thru the wheel, but I wasn't familiar with that process. So I thought
maybe your were talking about the straps I posted above.

Thanks for the feedback!

Had a Really fun day !!!

The wife wanted to go with me to talk with R&M Race Trailer in Cushing Oklahoma, about
1.5 hour drive and I wanted a face-to-face meeting. So we made a day of it and left about 10 am
and went Stillwater OK to eat at Eskimo Joe's for lunch. I graduated from OSU in 1980 for the
2nd time. Then talk to Rich Moline at R&M, he was expecting us about 1:30pm. It was his
website and 6 different trailer manufactures plus his supposedly racing involvement that drew
me to R&M.

Trailer Dealer Used Cars Tulsa & Oklahoma City & OK | Used Cars & Trucks OK | R & M Race Trailers

upload_2020-1-20_19-53-7.png

I asked Rich about their racing involvement, he said his daughter kicked him out the driver's seat
last year, LOL! Keisha Moline is now the driver.

keisha moline racing news Archives | DragChamp.com
MolineRacing.jpg

I liked Frank (quote above) and Rich, both were nice people to talk with and neither tried to up
sell me at every chance. In fact, it was just the opposite, sometimes they said I really don't think
you need that. BUT, Rich included prices for every line. So it made it easier for me decided what
options made financial sense. That's why you see things like the Coin Floor for $1154 (Yellow),
that I will NOT be getting. Probably won't get the aluminum wheel (Yellow) upgrade either at
$468, the steel wheels looked pretty nice.

Rich also wondered why I wanted the Bogie Wheels (Green) for $143 when the trailer was only
18 feet long. He explained that the longer the trailer the more you need those Bogie wheels, but
at 18 feet maybe not ......

Trailer Dealer Used Cars Tulsa & Oklahoma City & OK | Used Cars & Trucks OK | R & M Race Trailers
R&M-Race-Trailer-Site.jpg

So back to the trailer quote, both were quoting the same trailer manufacture. The difference
between them is noted in the BLUE highlighted lines below.

R&M-Race-Trailer-Quote_TBucketeerForum.jpg

The total price for everything minus the 2 yellow line items will be $8628

The factory Sur Charge ($1023) is because of the tariffs from China on Steel.

Attachments

• R&M Race Trailer Quote_TBucketeerForum.pdf
    213.4 KB · Views: 4
Damn I may never be able to afford a new trailer....they are a lot higher nowadays than when I bought mine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back