DSCF0897.jpg

And very basic interior

DSCF0898.jpg

Fun on the Dyno....

And the resulting figures...

Andy20hadfield613hpgraph.jpg

Moody race shot.....

shakey3.jpg

On our way to the drags last year...forgive the running commentary....

Hope you enjoyed them.

I would appreciate your comments on the T...bad and good.

Wow, it's like the film car just stopped dead. That was incredible. What are the specs on that motor?

Alos love how you did the cage. That was one thing that I would really like to do on mine when I build it. Hanve't found more than a few pics of T's with cages, and yours makes it look good. The only thing I want to make sure on mine is that there would be no way to hit my head on the cage in an accident. How is the clearance on yours?

Thanks for the ideas.

Loved the updated shots... and the video... man it sounds so good driving down the road... very nice!

off topic:

The shots where the photos are taken... love the architecture and the scenery of the background! Beautiful... Looks like a estate out in the country...

Back on topic:

Favorite part of the video is when you just take off... wow... anyway, looking forward to reading the replies to the other questions, thanks for taking the time to share your ride with us!

Thanks for the pics and video! That bucket is ALL business!:lol: I felt like I needed to be wearing seat belts in my chair!

Glad you all seem to like to T so much, which is really heartening.

So, in order of replies to the questions....

The cam, and all the valvetrain come to that, is Crower. I will post the whole build sheet in the near future...no secrets here !! The engine runs JE pistons with Total Seal rings. 8.5:1 compression with Dart Pro1 heads. Block is Dart Little M with splayed 4 bolt mains. Blower is Weiand 6-71 running 10 psi of boost at 6500 rpm.

3500 rpm JW stall converter thru a JW two speed 'glide.

9" LSD Narrowed Ford axle.

The rollcage doesn't offer a great deal of clearance but when the seat is removed for racing, theres plenty of room. Making a cage look anywhere near good in a T is virtually impossible and you always seem to be compromising with looks and viability.

The "Estate" is actually my 2 acre small holding in the foothills of the Pennines. The Pennines are a range of hills crossing the north west of england and have some picturesque but bleak areas much favoured by walkers and sightseers. A beautiful part of the country although the hills do attract the rain clouds which seem to take great delight in dumping their load on us before crossing over to Yorkshire. Not really your ideal location for T ownership....SoCal would probably be my favoured venue for that.........

I'll keep you posted about the racing next weekend and my never ending quest for that illusive 9 second run.

Nice ride Andy. :D

RPM said:
So whats it run at the drags?:D

10.2 is the best at the moment, but big changes over the winter should make that difference....I hope.

OK Guys,

Its been some time since I've been on here and my apologies for that...its been a wild summer racing and the T has done real well.

Its a good time to catch up on whats been going on so I'll start with some pics and the low down on this season.

A quick recap on events up until this season were:

10.2 @ 128 in the quarter
535 bhp
Supercharger with a Dart Block 400ci.

The season started with some RWYB racing at York Dragway in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales...for those who haven't visited yet, its a beautiful part of the country with very welcoming locals.

I removed the wheelie bars, softened up the rear suspension and dropped the tyre pressures and was rewarded with a 9.80 @ 139 mph. This was after I had fitted the nitrous system which offers 175 hp.

Some more track time at Shakespeare County Raceway ( Stratford Upon Avon ) gave even better times with a NPB of 9.27 @ 144 mph...not too bad for a T bucket really !!

tatgaryspicnic2.jpg

One of the races was against a delivery which can be seen here losing its blower belt. In fairness, the race was already won.

tatshakey5.jpg

Back to York for some more RWYB action and we recorded the quickest time of the day with a 9.70 @ 146.

tatyorkgtiweekend.jpg

The next meeting drew some problems and the T needed some engine repairs following some leaning out due to nitrous issues.

Engine back on the dyno and we recorded 798 hp and 810 ft/lb torque with only a small nitrous tune.

Back to Shakespeare County Raceway for the annual Hot Rod Drags, The T and me were invited to the Cacklefest on the Saturday evening to be included with Historic racers, fuel altered and front engine rails which was an honour and a blast.

cacklefest1.jpg

It was an incredibly busy weekend with some down time...well, these are old cars and oil downs do happen so its understandable.

By the end of the day, we had swopped to slicks just for fun and decided that we would try for an 8 second run....unlikely but you don't do it if you don't try.

We had already run 9.30 @ 155 and a host of 9.4's so there was a chance..though the track hadn't been prepared so chances were slim....

Things didn't go according to plan and we had some breakages...which made for some outstanding photo opportunities.....

Like this.....

Tatshakeywheelstand1.jpg

or this....

andyatshakeywheelstand.jpg

shakeystart.jpg

But here's the granddaddy of them all.......last time you say a T with all four wheels off the ground ?

intheair1.jpg

And back down again........

intheair2.jpg

Breakages were caused by the axle rotating because the ladder bar mounts failed. This allowed the propshaft to break and thrash around under the T causing various problems like chopping the battery in half !!

intheair3.jpg

intheair4.jpg

Although this happened the weekend before last, all repairs are now complete.....

Image02j.jpg

You have got to keep smiling though...

andyoldbastard.jpg

We are returning to race this coming weekend with the penultimate race meeting of the season, so wish me luck.......

Awesome ride. Good luck on your 8 second quest.

And just to prove that the T is still street driven, here's a youtube clip from my local cruise during June this year.....usually goes a bit straighter than this !!

[ame="[media=youtube]HDVX-bjm03w[/media]"]YouTube - 9 Second T Bucket Hot Rod[/ame]

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back