Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fadsters new photos volume 1

LumenAl said:
Andy!

You are the Man! UNBELIVEABLE photos! I've saved them to my drive... hope that's OK. For the record... I'll never be asking you for a ride... :)

:rock:

Well, if you ever find yourself in the UK, give me a call..pm me first on here and you'll receive a welcome and ride in the T...believe me, you'll love it !!

Fantastic weekend, 27 & 28th September. The weather was everything it promised to be and on Friday afternoon, I took a very pleasant drive down through the midlands to my favourite drag strip, Shakespeare County Raceway...named after the Bard who was born and lived in Stratford Upon Avon.

Long Marston Airfield, which forms part of the drag strip, was a WW2 airstrip used by the allied forces, including you guys !!

Much remains of the original airfield including some interesting buildings which provide fantastic backdrops to "nostalgic" photo opportunities...well worth a visit when you come over here.

As you know from the previous photos, we had some fun and games two weeks ago and this saw some strengthening up of the T chassis and suspension components to allow for stronger launches.

Unfortunately, I only made the semi finals...this being caused by pleasing the crowd with time consuming wheel stands rather than concentrating on the job in hand and I lost out against a rather quick Ford 100e losing to a 0.017 time difference. The difference is unimportant, he won so thats all that counts really. The 100e, owned by Jon Ozborne ran a personal best of 9.8 and he was delighted with the performance.

My best of the weekend was a 9.4 @ 153...so the Wild Willy Borsch wing did something to improve the top speed and it appears that the repairs are working well.

Heres some photos of the semi final launch that you might enjoy.

Out racing again in two weeks, weekend of the 11, 12 October to Santa Pod for qualifying and then to Shakey for the racing on Sunday...weather permitting !!

All the best from the UK.

round111.jpg

round112.jpg

round113.jpg

round114.jpg

Cool.
Now you have me interested in seeing pics of the old air base. :rock:

Couple of aerial photos and one of the old Aerolite hanger which is still in use today as storage for microlites and other small craft.

I'll try to delve for some better ones........

The white wall you can see on the bottom left is supposed to deflect the noise from the adjacent residents....doesn't always work !!

aeriallongmarston2.jpg

The black marks you can see on the left are the tyre tracks of the dragstrip, startline at the bottom left of the picture.

aeriallongmarston.jpg

aerolitebuilding.jpg

This web page may interest you...lots of info and past and present photos. With some research, it appears that the facility was used for bomber command and I cannot confirm that the USAF used it.

http://www.controltowers.co.uk/L/Long_Marston.htm

Just to let you know that I broke the class record of the national street car championship last weekend, the last meeting of the year at Santa Pod with a 9.103 @ 148. Photos to follow.

The T is now in the race shop for a full tube rollcage and side protection, roller cam and nitrous upgrade so we'll be looking for eights next season.

All the best from the UK

Congrats on the record Andy!!! I know 1/10th of a second can be a lifetime in drag racing, but based on your progress so far, eights cant be too far off. Looking forward to next season already.:clap:

GREAT job there Andy.

Just wondering if some better flowing headers would help the power on your motor? Most all blown engine like really open headers like zoomies. They have little or no restriction at all.

andy fadster said:
Just to let you know that I broke the class record of the national street car championship last weekend, the last meeting of the year at Santa Pod with a 9.103 @ 148. Photos to follow.

The T is now in the race shop for a full tube rollcage and side protection, roller cam and nitrous upgrade so we'll be looking for eights next season.

All the best from the UK

All I have to say is.... :lol:

RPM said:
GREAT job there Andy.

Just wondering if some better flowing headers would help the power on your motor? Most all blown engine like really open headers like zoomies. They have little or no restriction at all.

Hey Ron,

I have ordered some zoomies from my engine builder but we are still trying to make up our minds whether to gofunny car style with long primaries and small kick ups at the bottom, or go nostalgia with just curves coming straight off the flanges.....what do you think ?

It amazes me that more people DON'T race T buckets....so light and easy to handle, it doesn't take a ton of horsepower to make really decent numbers......

I will upload some more photos later of the new cage and K member. The prop loops are now installed and the T is laid on its side ready to a chassis tidy and repaint.

New front end ordered from speedway and the engine goes in to the engine shop tomorrow for the all important cam swap and nitrous upgrade....hoping for 900 hp but I'll camcord the dyno session and post it. That won't be for some months though....season doesn't start til the end of march and I don't want the engine sat around without putting some road miles on the loosen her up.

andy fadster said:
Hey Ron,

I have ordered some zoomies from my engine builder but we are still trying to make up our minds whether to gofunny car style with long primaries and small kick ups at the bottom, or go nostalgia with just curves coming straight off the flanges.....what do you think ?

It amazes me that more people DON'T race T buckets....so light and easy to handle, it doesn't take a ton of horsepower to make really decent numbers......

I will upload some more photos later of the new cage and K member. The prop loops are now installed and the T is laid on its side ready to a chassis tidy and repaint.

New front end ordered from speedway and the engine goes in to the engine shop tomorrow for the all important cam swap and nitrous upgrade....hoping for 900 hp but I'll camcord the dyno session and post it. That won't be for some months though....season doesn't start til the end of march and I don't want the engine sat around without putting some road miles on the loosen her up.

Andy I guess it would just be a matter of testing some different headers on the dyno or track testing them for the most power. The headers on my blown bucket have a 2" primary tube with a 4" collector and a straight thru 4" Dynomax race muffler. It is only street driven and not drag raced at all.

Great ride, Love your front end, a lot like mine, safety in that spring setup...You sound like you have no trouble doing wheelies, maybe a shorter radius rod can help you in that direction... I used to build a lot of AG/S cars, and that is what I mainly got paid to do, keep them rear tires (planted) and the wheels on the ground, the front wheels that is.. hehe at least one... My T used to run in the mid 9s with the Big Block, (as I drove it everyday), acording to the fellas I beat, that is...:} I never put a roll bar in my own car to run it at the track, it was for fun and everyday ridin... No bigger thrill. NOTHING AT ALL. Although it did scare my Wife when I ran it quick and fast...

Headers on a blown engine make no horse power, they are only to aim the exhaust where you want it to go and change the sound, so pick the ones you like the looks and sound of... Headers only make horse power on naturally aspirated engines, very much needed here...

andy fadster said:
Well, if you ever find yourself in the UK, give me a call..pm me first on here and you'll receive a welcome and ride in the T...believe me, you'll love it !!

I may take you up on it next time i'm in the UK, when you are there on holiday its hard to find whats on and when, let alone find other like minded T nuts. Although i did find John Bonhams (Led Zep) old T C Cab originally built by Andy Brizzo in 1970? a few years ago, still in mint condition just missing the blower as Bonham fitted it to his corvette. Its in the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham!

gudgyz said:
I may take you up on it next time i'm in the UK, when you are there on holiday its hard to find whats on and when, let alone find other like minded T nuts. Although i did find John Bonhams (Led Zep) old T C Cab originally built by Andy Brizzo in 1970? a few years ago, still in mint condition just missing the blower as Bonham fitted it to his corvette. Its in the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham!

MAN! I'm not far from B'ham. Does the guy want to sell the car?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back