Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally the body is painted ready for install on chassis

looking good. Hope mine turns out that good. Nice job. Is that your home made paint booth?

You got that right ORF !

WOW! That's freaking beautiful.

Always liked flake, always will.:D

Hey guys. Thanks for all the replies! You guys are SHARP......Yes the body is 8 inches wider and the turtle deck is 10 inches wider. The body came from Denny's in Ohio and doesn't offer them any longer. When I got the body I cut it right down the middle, rebuilt the transmission tunnel and filled in the rest laying 8 inches of fiberglass and then split the turtle deck down the center adding 10 inches to meet the inside of the rear tires. The turtle deck is from Speedway and had a compartment door in the deck but I filled it in. I will try to attach some more pics but I have to re-size every one of them to complete an upload. It's a pain! The dash is completely scratch made from fiberglass and the cowl area had to be completely redone to match the straight across windshield frame. The tail lights are flush mount sequential from Watson's Street Works. First, the body was shot with two coats of an orange polyester base then three coats of Didspade Custom Paint Additives Sunrust size .025 metal flake applied dry on Limco 4100 clear. That took five coats of clear. Once sanded we applied another five coats of clear. Then we hand laid ghost flames on both sides and shot the rest of the body with three coats of Didspade's Tropic Orange Candy. Then another five coats of clear. Sanded it with 600 grit and shot another 6 coats of clear. Total of 2 3/4 gallons of clear. Today we are block sanding with 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit and then this weekend the final polish. And yep - that's our home made paint booth. I will try to add some pics for you of the chassis this evening. And thank you for the comments. dave

Well, your hard work is surely evident. It's stunning. I can only imagine what she looks like in the sun. Looking forward to more pics.

I'm not to good getting these pics on this site but here are a couple. The rear end cover is polished stainless steel and covers the entire rear end 9" Ford posi.resize6.jpg

So it's a scratch build project over the past 3 years. 383 Chev Stroker built. Independent front suspension. Triple train horns. Complete LED lighting underneath, inside air cleaner, inside air box, etc. Rear tires are 33X22X15. 18 gallon polished aluminum 10" diameter fuel tank sits about 3/4 way down in the hole in the turtle deck with a Moon tri spinner fuel cap. Lots of Lokar stuff and Flaming River stuff like their golf cart polished stainless tilt steering column. The interior will be two seats so I basically will sit on the floor and the steering column comes out of the firewall, not out of the floor. So that's kinda what's going on with it. daveresize7.jpg

Again, nice work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back