Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally the body is painted ready for install on chassis

Absolutely......Thank you and I will go to it. Here is my battery disconnect. I installed a push button start button controlled with a regular ignition key and for added safety installed a battery disconnect through the frame at the left rear tire. The push button start probably saved my life on my first test drive. The throttle stuck wide open and I was lucky when I quickly hit the push button start to shut the motor down.disconnect resized.jpg

Here's a shot of the instrument cluster lit up. Also the Flaming River brake fluid reservoirs mounted on the cowl so the fluid would drain down into the two master cylinders. Also found an award winning interior craftsman who wi

The tank seems to work very well. It's a 12" diameter aluminum with baffles and a 1/2 gallon square fuel collector at the bottom. This acts as a drain and adds 1/2 gallon more to the tank making it about 18 gallons of fuel. The SS braided hose comes out the bottom and goes to the Canton fuel filter you see from the rear then to the Holley pump to an inline filter and to the motor. Years ago the hot rodders used a beer keg in the same location. I couldn't put a fuel tank under the turtle deck because I have a 10 gallon air tank, an air compressor and three air horns under there. And there is no law in Florida preventing train horns. That is until you use them. The noise is HUGE!
ll start next week building the bucket View attachment 12720 View attachment 12720 View attachment 12721 seats. Unfortunately he won't be done with the interior until the end of February. I think the NSRA Spring Nationals in Tampa is in March 2017 so hoping to get it there along with my friends great 8 car from a few years back he is going to put back in competition.

Awesome ride, the dash looks great!

Thanks for all your comments and compliments. T bucket is now at The Upholstery House for about a month getting an interior job. Pictures to come after the upholstery is done or if I can get a partial. A great time to get it done - I go in to the hospital next week for my second knee to get replaced so I couldn't get in and out of it anyway.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but... Love you car. Very similar to what I have planned. Needless to say my plans are not going to be fulfilled, I'll have to cut back due to costs.

I do have a question. What is the height of the kick in the frame, from bottom of bottom rail to top of top rail? Seems to be more than any 'commercial' frame and is what I need to get the bucket sitting at the height I want.
Thanks.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back