Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Flywheel pulley spacers?

Satori

Do they make a spacer for the flywheel pulley on a SBC? I have the new pulleys installed, and the flywheel pulley is about 1/16th inch closer to the motor than the water pump and alternator pulleys. You can't see the difference in this pic, but it's a pic none the less. :lol:

motorandpulleys.jpg

that would be a crank pulley your speaking of, and yes they do make spacers for that.. jegs or summit racing probably..

How embarrassing! Of course I meant crank pulley. :eek:

Thanks, I'll look for one. What would you say would be the minimum thread length for the harmonic balancer bolt? After bolting on the pulley there's about 3/4 inch grabbing. It'll be a little less with a spacer.

Ted Brown said:
Very little less :) not to worry, that's plenty.. what do they say? 1&1/2 times the diameter of the bolt? 1/2" bolt? Should be fine...

That's a good rule of thumb to know about. I'll get a closer measurement when I get the spacer.

What pulley setup is that you have, if you dont mind me asking. That looks sharp, Im in the pulley market right now.

TexasT said:
What pulley setup is that you have, if you dont mind me asking. That looks sharp, Im in the pulley market right now.

I got them from Summit Racing.

Crank pulley: p/n MCH-6381
Water pump pulley: p/n MCH-6322
Alternator bracket: p/n MCH-20120
Alternator: p/n PWM-67295-114

Is the crank pulley flat on the damper, I know it my sound simple but some pulleys have a cup that seats in the damper to center it and it is about a 1/8" so it is worth a look.

speedkills502 said:
Is the crank pulley flat on the damper, I know it my sound simple but some pulleys have a cup that seats in the damper to center it and it is about a 1/8" so it is worth a look.

Mine has the cup that seats into the damper, so any spacer I find will have to be similar.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back