Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

For Sale

Is this buyer a member already?

I have experience with forum admin, though not vbulletin (phpBB) I know exactly what you have been through in relation to members, potential members and just plain asshats!

I can lend some help to the new owner if it is needed (or wanted) but I cannot commit to a full deal like you have been doing, just not enough hours in the day!

I do not code ..period.. not my thing, I do admin mysql I can help play/fix templates. Just tossing that out there.

B

I dont know PHP but I like any other language, I can learn it. I have a friend that is an awesome programmer and PHP is his specialty and is more then willing to help me when I need it so that wouldnt be a problem.

Keeper said:
Is this buyer a member already?
Yes and one I feel is very capable of maintaining the growth of the site.

I have experience with forum admin, though not vbulletin (phpBB) I know exactly what you have been through in relation to members, potential members and just plain asshats!
I really can't complain ~too~ much. We've had a couple problems crop up with members, but overall the experience has been very good. I just had a hater spitting blood at me about one of our policies, but he's either going to get over it or get used to it.

Webmaster said:
I appreciate the vote of confidence, more than I can say. But I'm just worn out with all of it.

So, does this mean you'll just walk away? I mean, you started a website about T Buckets, are you gonna stick around and be one of "The Guys"?

I subscribed to this thread...

in my past experiences if a group owns something it usually fails... i think there would need to be one major (actual)owner, with a member board (which are members that have contributed money) and all managment actions pass through the board, and final approval by the owner..

i dont know squat of running a website or forum... this site has grown to be a nice informative site, big in a managment perspective... and big period...

i cant contribute alot, i work second shift, if a moderator is needed for late night, to check forum activity or whatever, i could watch for bad posters or spammers or whatever..

whatever i can do to help i will..

also if a meeting is needed for muliple members to talk with each other at once i can get access to a ventrilo server (voip) you need to download a program, and have a mic.. but it will host 20 people if needed..

Brucer said:
I subscribed to this thread...

in my past experiences if a group owns something it usually fails... i think there would need to be one major (actual)owner, with a member board (which are members that have contributed money) and all managment actions pass through the board, and final approval by the owner..

If there is one owner then it is on him to determine what goes on. Your suggestion would be like a small business owner allowing his best customers to tell him how to run his business. You can see how this works by watching the daily operations of our congress. What you are suggesting is how I envisioned the forum operating if it were to become a member-owned entity. It would be difficult to operate that way but I felt it would be the best solution to keep things on an even keel. Hopefully Mike's negotiations with the potential buyer prove fruitful and all of this speculation of our future as forum members is put to rest.

Webmaster said:
I'm currently in communication with a potential buyer and have offered to stick around for a couple weeks to make sure everything gets transferred smoothly.

When do you plan on knowing is this is going to be a go or not? Do you have a timeline date that you should hear something back?

If not, I had better hit the books :lol:... If your potential buyer decides that it isnt the way that he wants to, I would be in to go in half with someone and maybe thirds(the third being my friend until I am full throttle); then splitting his part to make a 50/50. I am just throwing that on the table for food for thought.

RPM said:
If we had 25 investors @ $100 each to start the new club. Then elect a pres and other officers. The initial 25 could be the founding fathers, so to speak. More or less start a new T Bucket club.

I'm certainly interested.

thomas:)

RPM said:
If we had 25 investors @ $100 each to start the new club. Then elect a pres and other officers. The initial 25 could be the founding fathers, so to speak. More or less start a new T Bucket club.

I am certainly interested. Not so much for starting a club, but as a investment in a great site. Sorry for the repeat.

thomas:)

Has anyone considered asking BC if he is interrested in combining this site and his. The spirit site seems very sim in content and structure. If everyone who is a regular gave 25 bucks to buy Mike out and give it to BC and company with the understanding they will keep it running. JUST a thought.

I had thought about that too. I was going to ask B.C. if he would consider expanding his site to include more forum topics. It looks like Mike might have something going here and hopefully he will get it sold but B.C. could be an option if all fails.

I really hope this forum cam stay as is,but I started getting iinterested in tbuckets on spirits forum and if this cannot sustain itself I agree that would be a good solution if BC would be able and interested in takeing it on, allso I think paying a yearly dues would be a small thing to do to keep this this going.. Francis

I don't think of them as dues, more like a magazine subscription that I get alot more out of.

OK, let me see if I can answer the questions.

Yes, a current member has indicated a definite interest in purchasing the site.

This member has asked to remain anonymous and I will respect those wishes.

From our conversations, it sounds as if I will likely know something concrete within the next 48 hours.

I will say the potential buyer is one that I respect and I do hope to see this individual end up with the site. After spending so much time getting the site to where it is, I am not willing to sell it to just anyone, just to watch it crash and burn.

Mike I really appreciate the way you are handleing this, the way you have run this forum has made us a family, and I am sure I am not alone in this respect.:).. Francis

i would prefer to see the new owner as an individual. spirit and speed way would be great sponcers but i don't want to see them as owners of the site. just my opinion!!

Ron

Individual site owner is best then there is not a few people that could end up not posting if they had a run in with that business. As a former business owner I know you can please everybody.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back