Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ford Wheels and hubs

jeffery

Hello to all,
My question may sound a little dumb but since im running a ford rear end i dont want to use chevy hubs on the front. i am going to buy the 37 to 41 ford spindles and kingpins but i need to know if its possible to use some type of junk yard hubs to fit these spindles.
So far i got the frame done and i want to get it out of the garage and along side the house and cover it up to work on the motor thru the winter.Seems like room is getting to be an issue,maybe i need another and larger garage.
Thanks Guys

Hello to all,
My question may sound a little dumb but since im running a ford rear end i dont want to use chevy hubs on the front. i am going to buy the 37 to 41 ford spindles and kingpins but i need to know if its possible to use some type of junk yard hubs to fit these spindles.
So far i got the frame done and i want to get it out of the garage and along side the house and cover it up to work on the motor thru the winter.Seems like room is getting to be an issue,maybe i need another and larger garage.
Thanks Guys
I need a larger garage thats funny. Everybody on here thinks the same thing. :laugh:

The easiest way is to go to Speedway and order the Metric G.M. dsc brake setup. You'll have to specify which spindles you have and what stud pattern you want. They'll send you all new parts with the correct bearings, spacers and brackets to make it a simple bolt on fit.

The easiest way is to go to Speedway and order the Metric G.M. dsc brake setup. You'll have to specify which spindles you have and what stud pattern you want. They'll send you all new parts with the correct bearings, spacers and brackets to make it a simple bolt on fit.

A +2 on that. It's just much easier, and safer to buy a kit. You have everything you need in one shot. With junk yard parts you never know what you're getting. I have nothing against used parts (i love scrounging old junk yards) but when it comes to brakes i'll go new every time.

that's great advice if you want to run disc brakes. the rotors come with a 4 3/4" bolt pattern. if you're looking for drum brakes, look for a set of brakes from a '48 to '56 ford f-1 or f-100 pick up.
you will need to replace the seals and bearings. Speedway has those in a package deal now, pn#916-31934. the drums, shoes and hardware are availib;e from most any parts store.

Ron

Whats really bad is i built the garage thinking i would have more than enough room and now i find that if put m truck in then i dont have the room for the frame to be setup to work on after work.Thats why i want to get it up on wheels and outside (hence the MORE)room huh?
Thanks guys

Hey Ron, those early F100 hubs have a 5 1/2" bolt pattern. What's the availability of rims to run those 165-15 front tires?

Hello to all,
Thanks Guys

I am way late getting to this post, but I have a kit that uses rotors for the 76-80 Dodge Aspen so you have the 5-4 1/2 bolt circle. There is a long list of other donor cars as well. It uses the GM metric caliper as well.
The kit comes with 2 brackets, 2 bearing adapters and 2 inner seals and 6 small spacers.

The f-100 wheels from '53 on up where 15"ers. Problem is trying to find straight ones. I buy new ones from Early Wheel or Corkers.

Ron

I am way late getting to this post, but I have a kit that uses rotors for the 76-80 Dodge Aspen so you have the 5-4 1/2 bolt circle. There is a long list of other donor cars as well. It uses the GM metric caliper as well.
The kit comes with 2 brackets, 2 bearing adapters and 2 inner seals and 6 small spacers.

HI RPM,
Do you have pictures of the kit you were talking about on here? I got the spindles but i picked up some malibu disc brakes.Dont know if these are going work and so far i havent had time to try them yet.Maybe this weekend :)
Thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back