Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

frame "kick up" dimentions

medicjim

I have found everything I need for a first build except the main frame rail measurements. I know the standard angle is 60° for the kick up. I just need the length of the two main rails, and the two kick up pieces. After I get these, its game on. Thanks in advance.

I hope that you realize that any measurements that anyone posts are for their body combinations. Mine are based on a turtle deck style body. In the sketch below I've given you the kick measurements on my car. The body has a 6 inch extension in the cowl area.

Here is my car which may not be like what you have in mind for your build.

I hope that I've help you in your quest.

Jim

Last edited:
Yes. I was told its a 27 Chevy body from speedway, it it seems to look like their '23 kit with the 20" bed.

Going coil overseas in the rear with single leaf front suspension. 350 Chevy, 350-375 HP, non blown, 350 turbo tranny.

Yes. I was told its a 27 Chevy body from speedway, it it seems to look like their '23 kit with the 20" bed.

I've never known Speedway to sell a '27 Chevy body. Are you sure that it is not a '27 T body? As far as I know they only sell '23-'25 T style bodies and '26-'27 style T bodies.

Jim

So, from the replies so far, I'm guessing its all to the builders preference? Just enough left out the back and such as to place the lights, etc onto? Sorry for stupid questions, but its the first build and all. I've been a welder fabricator for 25 years, but this is a whole new game for me. Just wanting it right.

On a t with a small block and a blower drive. From the firewall to the very front of the front tube we make it about 42". Even though you don't want a blower today, I makem that long anyways. You might win the lottery and get that blower. It would be easy to just move the radiator. Not to easy to stretch the frame to clear the blower drive.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back