Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame pic's for ya'all

Duke

Putting a little color on the frame.:)

vbpgimage.php

P0000645.jpg

Very nice Duke. I also have power brakes, so this question is to lumenAl. Just what are saftey loops.:eek:

thomas:)

Lookin' good Duke. bright :cool:

thomas said:
Very nice Duke. I also have power brakes, so this question is to lumenAl. Just what are saftey loops.:eek:

Here ya go, thomas. It's used to keep the shaft from flying around if it ever came loose. If I'm not mistaken, they are required by NHRA.

DriveshaftLoop.jpg

Duke, havein' fun ain't ya? Looks awesome.

Ron

Thanks Fred!

tfeverfred said:
Here ya go, thomas. It's used to keep the shaft from flying around if it ever came loose. If I'm not mistaken, they are required by NHRA.

DriveshaftLoop.jpg

There is probably a more proper name for this but that's it... a u-joint breaking and a driveshaft can inflict a lot of damage... all this does is contain the driveshaft and minimizes damage to vehicle and components.

thats a bolt in draveshaft safety loop. Lakewood, Moroso and various other companies make them. I dont think Id drive a 'glass car without something to keep the driveshaft from coming uncorked. it bolts across both framerails and the shaft passes through it. So, you should have the room regardless.

Some of you may have seen a T Bucket accident picture from last year or the year before that involved something locking up and the 'Bucket pitching its driver. My friend has a pic of a glas 32 that got hit by a shopping cart from across a shopping center parkinglot. It was a mess.
As light as these cars are, every little bit helps

I will be installing a loop on my car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back