Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Galveston, Texas T Party!

tfeverfred

I had a thought this evening (yea, dangerous, right?) and put this on the NTBA website. I'd like to get the thoughts and opinions of you guys as well. Here is what I posted there:

Well, that's one name suggestion. I'm trying to get some info on who would be interested in getting a Galveston, Texas cruise together for next year. I have talked to a few guys in the chat room and now, I'm tossing it out here. I think it would be a lot of fun and a great family thing.

There has been a lot of improvement in the Galveston area over the last year or so. A cruise scheduled for around this time of year would be perfect. Not too hot and definately not too cold. It's in the mid 80's and mid 70's here now!

Imagine a nice show of T Buckets, cruising along the seawall in Galveston and then through the historical district! There are lots of new hotels and resturants. Not to mention places to see in the surrounding area. Such as NASA and the Kemah boardwalk.

If there is an interest, I can start calling around to find out what needs to be done for this to happen. Media coverage for anyhing positive happening in Galveston is great. That means positive exposure for the hot rod community in general. Perhaps the cruise could be to benefit a childrens hospital or organization?

So, let me now what you think. I would also like to hear from someone in the alliance, who knows how to deal with city fathers to get something like this going or maybe they could step in and get it started. I have never attempted anything like this, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tfeverfred

Here's a link to Galveston fun to give you an idea!

http://www.galveston.com/whattodo/

Im in ....as long as the dates work out. im a shift worker and work 2 weekends a month:mad: really interfears with my hotrodin'....

Congrats on being the first signee!:D The dates are open for discussion, as is everything else about it. The more people that are interested, the more planning and scheduling will fall into play. This could be something big and take up a weekend or, at the least, a small gathering of cool cars for a day of relaxing. Responses will be needed at the beginning to just see if there is an interest.

Me, I'm in for sure. I'm the troublemaker! :lol:

HEY FRED SUPER IDEA ILL BE THERE sorry about caps, ive done the bike rallys there nice. you might contact the chamber of commerce and give them an idea on no of people that would show. if enough they will convince the council people on the event and even help u in the set up please keep us posted mike

MDANIELSON55 said:
HEY FRED SUPER IDEA ILL BE THERE sorry about caps, ive done the bike rallys there nice. you might contact the chamber of commerce and give them an idea on no of people that would show. if enough they will convince the council people on the event and even help u in the set up please keep us posted mike

Will do. I think this could go over very well. I'm getting phone numbers now and will work up a nice proposal/plan to submit. Naturally, I'll post it here first and on the NTBA to get input.

Also, if you guys could toos out suggestions for dates, that would be a great help. I wouldn't want this too close to another event and leave people having to choose between the two.

Thanks again, guys.

look into the lonestar flight musem or railroad musem at the end of the strand. aint nothing cooler than hotrods and old fighter planes. or old trains . they got a really cool old steam tractor at the railroad musem. maybe you could do a fund raiser for one of the musems. kids hospital need the money and im all for raising it for them ,but most of the show i attend are the types of fund raiser. musems tend to have alittle trouble raiseing money.... just a thought.

I too am a shift worker and work two weekends a month I was down there last year and had lots of fun.I would be in if the dates are good ,,,keep us posted Fred

We have a dealer down that way that may want to be involved and maybe sponsor something. I know you post on the Bash site but I haven't seen anything about this maybe you should ask there also.
This is a great site and I hope you don't think I'm trying to draw away traffic. I would just like to see Tbucket events all over the country for obvious reasons and would like to help in any way I can to see that happen.

B.C. said:
We have a dealer down that way that may want to be involved and maybe sponsor something. I know you post on the Bash site but I haven't seen anything about this maybe you should ask there also.
This is a great site and I hope you don't think I'm trying to draw away traffic. I would just like to see Tbucket events all over the country for obvious reasons and would like to help in any way I can to see that happen.

Thanks BC! I didn't mean to forget your site. I go here and the NTBA and you guys slipped my mind.:eek: It was rather late when I got this idea.

I have posted it on your site as well. I also look forward to any advice yo can give me on how to approach the people I would need to see this happen. As you stated, it would be great to see T Bucket events everywhere!

Thanks again for catching my slip.

Sounds like a GREAT idea to me...
(hope the date works out per my schedule.:eek:)

I will try my best to make this!

Basicly what happened is that there is so much more to putting on an event, that I knew about. I got some info from the Galveston Chamber of Commerce about a month ago. Lots of legal stuff. So much so, that I tossed it all in the trash.:mad:

So, here's the deal. Rather than conflict with the events that are happening now and during the summer, I propose that we just meet up down there one weekend and hang out. Everyone will be responsible for their hotel arrangements. It could be for one day or a whole weekend. Doesn't matter to me. All I know is, it would be a blast!

As the weeks go by, we can decide amongst ourselves when a good date would be. Maybe if the response is good, over time, someone will pick up on this and make it a regular thing.

So, chill out and as the weeks go by, post in here what you think would be a nice time to go down. Keep in mind, Texas Gulf coast weather is nice for a long time. Heck, I was going to the beach in November, last year, so there is plenty of time.

look into sept? the weather is not bad and isnt the water still warm? ime going to cruisin the coast in miss is oct still let us know mike

MDANIELSON55 said:
look into sept? the weather is not bad and isnt the water still warm? ime going to cruisin the coast in miss is oct still let us know mike

That sounds like a winner for me too. I'll have worked out any bugs, if I have them. The water temp in Galveston is still good at that time and the weather would be a lot more pleasant than the summer months. Late July and August have been the hottest months in recent years.

All right!! Something to shoot for.....

If I don't finish mine in time, I'll at least motor down on 2 wheels to see what is happening.

PaulR

PaulR said:
All right!! Something to shoot for.....

If I don't finish mine in time, I'll at least motor down on 2 wheels to see what is happening.

PaulR

More than welcome, Paul. This shouldn't be only about T Buckets, as it is a chance to just meet up and have a nice time.

tfeverfred said:
Basicly what happened is that there is so much more to putting on an event...

Very true... my local club that I'm currently Vice Director of has two shows a year in two different towns (cities)...
LegendsTshirt2color.jpg

(Legends Car Club)

Our flyer's are shown below... it take all year with every member helping to pull these off and raise some money for charity... the Kirkland show with draw about 500 cars and the Snoqualmie is about 200 cars

Kirk08.jpg
sno08.jpg

We have representatives working with City representatives virtually all year... then there is parking staff, admissions staff, judging, classes, setup and tear down, entertainment, it goes on and on.. trust me, it's a lot of work! Upside is we donate several thousand dollars every year to some great causes!

I'm in for weekend in September...we talking '08 ?

Anniversary is 21st...That would be a good weekend:)

There's a place in Galveston on the seawall called "The Spot" Would be a good place to cruise in at.

http://www.thespotgalveston.com/

When I go to Galveston, I always make it a point to stop in. Great burgers and atmosphere.

Count me in :lol:
If someone could call me and let me know when and where that would be great.
832-932-1432
Michael

PaulR: If I can help with tools or facilities let me know.
I have a shop with welders, plasma cutters, Bridgeport mill, lathes, etc..

To get an idea of how nice it is, check this out!

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Click on that and you can catch LIVE webcams from Galveston. Including, The Spot!

Rumor has it a couple got divorced when the wife saw her husband chilling out with another gal!:lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back