Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Galveston, Texas T Party!

Fred,

I like the new Avator!

image.php

:rock:

Anybody have any updates on this??? Was trying to put in for vacation time off here at work...Sure don't want to miss this one.

t-runner said:
ttt

this still a go?

I recieved an email from weelstag on the NTBA. he basicly wanted to know who I was and what I was trying to do. I have yet to hear from him.

As far as I'm concerned, sometime in mid September, like the weekend of the 20-21st would be good. It will be after the Labor Day holiday. If anyone else has better dates, please respond.

The thing is, this would be kinda impromptu. That could cause a minor problem. See, when a group let's a city know they are having a "function", things have to be set up. Like cops to block streets, crowd control, etc. What this is going try to pass for is a bunch of hot rodders who just happened to show up in the same general area, at the same time, on the same day.:sorry: It may or may not work. Doing it this way, we won't have crowd control or police to block streets and contol traffic, but it's not like we'll have 200 cars there, so I think we'll be okay.

So, I'm tossing it out there. There is a resturant on the Sea Wall called, The Spot. The Sea Wall is just what it sounds like, a wall that seperates the major land from the gulf. It has a 4 lane road that runs for about 5 miles or so and is where the major beach area and hotels are. I'll can there about 10am on Saturday the 20th. If anyone else happens to show up... cool! You may be able to spot me and my T Bucket on their web cam that faces the Sea wall. Here's the link to the cam:

GALVESTON.COM WEBCAMS:*Spot Cam at 32nd and Seawall Boulevard

In the time between then, we can come up with stuff to do. I'm easy as far as stuff like this goes. My main desire is to just meet everyone and hang out. I don't care what we do after that. Google Galveston and you'll see that there are a ton of cool things in the area. We'll think of something.

There are several good hotels on the Island and a few motels. What you chose is up to you. Keep in mind, the more you pay, the better the rooms and services. Some of you, depending on how far you drive, may want to stay more than one day. that is up to you. I probably will, depending on how many people say they are going to come down.

Again, this is the early stages and things could change, but I will be there and I'd love it if some of you could make it. REMEMBER, the date I mentioned is not in stone. If you guys come up with a better one, we can vote on it or something.

I am very familiar with Galveston. I grew up in Lake Jackson/Freeport.

My mom still lives in Lake Jackson. (about 40 minutes from Galveston). We go to Galveston each time we go for a visit.

We'll probably just go there, and then head on over to Galveston.

September 20-21 would be a GREAT weekend for me, as it would be mine and the wifes 24th wedding anniversary.

I think this would be fun, even if we only had 10 + buckets show up. (of course more would be AWESOME!)

Anybody that wants can PM me.

Guys! Go to the webcam and behold the beauty of the Gulf of Mexico as viewed from the seawall! Imagine all of our Buckets parked in front of the resturant and all of us enjoying some fresh crabs and blackened redfish. Priceless.

Also, this does NOT have to be a T Bucket only thing. Bring what ya got and let's just have fun.

Here is a video of a recent trip to Galveston by some of the local HAMBers. I missed it working overtime, but I won't ever miss another!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266196&highlight=galveston+reliability+run

sept 20th weekend sounds ok to me ill probably arrive friday so i can cruise that nite so count on one more t. ill be looking for a rv park to stay in. my t will go into my fifth wheel ive stayed at the sand dollar rv park across the ferry so ill check it out .mike

I am going to try and make it ,,,"If" I can get the time off to go ,,

Keep me informed, and I will try to make it. Right now my schedule is up in the air.

A good T event...ride the free ferry across Galveston bay!

I do not expect you fellers to change any hard set plans, but does it have to be the weekend of 19-20? My brother and his wife are renewing their vows that weekend and for some reason he expects me to be there.

Jack

I have not gotten a room yet, but with it not being a Holiday weekend, I expect no trouble getting one. I intend to get there Saturday morning and try and hook up with whoever else decides to come. I'm sure we'll have exchanged phone numbers by then. After a little meet and greet, whatever happens, happens. There's a lot of stuff to do down there and I'm sure we'll have fun just winging it.

Regardless, I have not given this up and look forward to seeing whoever makes it. Oh, if by some weird chance my bucket is broken, knock on wood, I'm STILL gonna be there. Yea, it would suck not to have my bucket, but to me, this is more about meeting good people in a nice place. If you can't bring your bucket, DO NOT COUNT THIS OUT! It's more about the people than the cars.

F100, I'm sorry you are obligated for that weekend. Basically, there are 2 months left to confirm a date in stone. It doesn't matter to me, but we need to get this taken care of. For people coming out of town, the later you wait for a room will increase the cost. I plan on making a room confirmation by next month, so we need to get a date set in stone.

Photoman said:
What dates are you guys considering?

I had planned to be there Saturday morning September 20. Most hotels have a 3PM check in, so I'll probably actually be in Galveston Friday the 19 around 4PM. Getting a room for Friday and Saturday with a 12 noon Sunday check out is the way to go, especially if you have never been there and want to explore. The average cost of a good room facing the beach is going to run about $100 a night. This can go up or down depending on how nice a room you want. The good hotels face the ocean and are around $125 a night. You can find cheaper or more expensive, it just depends on what you want.

If you've never been there, getting a room facing the beach is a MUST!

Or.... perhaps this one.:cry:

hotels.com - WE KNOW HOTELS INSIDE AND OUT.

There are plenty to chose from. It just depends on how extravagant you want to be. Me, I'd prefer a bay view, but it's not that critical. Keep in mind, Galveston is an island and just about anywhere you stay is close to the beach. Also, keep in mind that if you do get a room in a hotel located on the seawall, the seawall stays busy until the wee hours, so if you're not wanting late noise, a hotel off the wall would be a better deal.

So, on that note, I like this one too!:D Not on the beach, it has harbor views.

hotels.com - WE KNOW HOTELS INSIDE AND OUT.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back