Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas prices

I don't put much/ any credence on any social media crap. It's just sad that we can be so controlled by big brother and there's not much we can do about it. Look at out last election for president. We had two choices. Bad and worse. Or maybe a third choice; just don't vote!!! That's not much good either.

All planned and calculated. Their grand plan won't work if everyone's fat, happy and prosperous.

Yikes! Just $2.93 at Costco here in MN today. Time to get that electric car...
I've done the math, based on 30 mpg and 0.346 kWh/mile (got those numbers online).
With electricity at 16 cents/kWh (my cost here in MN), gas would have to come down to $1.83/gal to match cost/mile of electric.

Last edited:
Here's a site that will do the math for you.
Life is complicated. Your cost of gas and electric will be different than mine. But using national averages (gas at $3.90/gal and electric at $0.13/kWh) and 15000 miles/yr, savings of electric over gas would be about $1000/yr. But tomorrow is a different day.

Last edited:
Net carbon footprint of EVs including manufacture and disposal is still higher than gas and diesel.
The old Chinese curse: "may you live in interesting times." With the big dogs (GM, Ford, VW) pouring billions into new EVs, and the economies of mass production, and advances in battery technology, I think the comparison will flip in a few years. Then it will be all downhill for the ICE. We had a good run. Can't imagine how one makes an electric hot rod. Nothing sexy about an electric motor.

I’ve heard that some of the newer car engines are so quiet that they install speaker systems to simply make noise to make them safer for pedestrians to be able to hear them. Maybe you’ll need to do that for your hotrod to make a sound like a blown hemi with a wild cam and headers!

The old Chinese curse: "may you live in interesting times." With the big dogs (GM, Ford, VW) pouring billions into new EVs, and the economies of mass production, and advances in battery technology, I think the comparison will flip in a few years. Then it will be all downhill for the ICE. We had a good run. Can't imagine how one makes an electric hot rod. Nothing sexy about an electric motor.
Look for the video of the guy that run Pikes Peak with an electric car.

Wierd with no noise, just a whine.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back