Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas prices

I don’t like to admit it, but there’s good and bad in everything. I don’t like the thought of driving an electric vehicle. That might be ok for your daily driver but for a hotrod??? I don’t think so. If we look back in history to the many things that have changed over the years we’ll see that everything changes. Some we’re happy to accept, and others, not so much. That’s life.

As a cruiser, an EV will never be satisfying. As a racecar, they could totally dominate. The average buckets as you know them probably aren't going to change much until we cant buy gas anymore, but the track builds might.

when it comes time to dispose of the batteries and buy new ones, cost per mile will go up.
If it’s like cordless tools, we will be replacing the car every year or two... no negative impact on the environment from all of the petroleum based plastic or caustic battery components being manufactured and disposed of, no negative impact on our overall economy either, never mind the fact that we recently handed the global supply of raw mineral rights over to our biggest global competitors and enemies... on a silver platter... sarcasm... the green energy initiative refers to the color of paper to be extracted from our wallets, not the environment, imho. The energy moguls will ret richer, we will pay more for less, climate change will evolve... progress?

I suppose there will charging stations scattered about. So when there is bad winter storm, tornadoes, hurricanes ,ect so how will the batteries be charged? Oh wait, there will be diesel generators to make the chargers work... Now we are really curing the pollution... Wow, what a concept.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I suppose there will charging stations scattered about. So when there is bad winter storm, tornadoes, hurricanes ,ect so how will the batteries be charged? Oh wait, there will be diesel generators to make the chargers work... Now we are really curing the pollution... Wow, what a concept.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No , it will be solar panels and batteries with a LARGE converter--- which will soon be stolen.

Or someone will unplug your car while you are asleep or shopping.

They have started stealing the connecting wire at peoples houses during the night. Its heavy duty and the scrap value is high. A lot of these wires are plugged into the car and also into the outside charger ports.

Years ago I read that Israel had invested heavily in infrastructure to convert to electric vehicles. They had service stations where you pulled in and they exchanged the battery pack and off you go... charging blocks at parking spots, etc. it would take a total revamp of our system to support the conversion efficiently.

Battery exchange would be great for the consumer but a nightmare for the business owner. What is he going to do when the battery’s need replacement? I don’t think electric cars are the answer. Need to make more basic light efficient cars with small motors to get by. Glad I’m 76 and won’t have to give up my blown 454 cu. in. t bucket!

Just imagine. You’re happily driving along in your car, truck, bucket or whatever. Suddenly your vehicle bucks, stalls or just stops running. Damn, you ran out of gas! Now what. You call the wife, friend or relative to bring that can of gas that’s garage. You pour it in the tank and go happily on your way.
Now what happens when your electric car battery goes dead.
Do you call the wife and tell her to bring that extra battery you have stashed in the garage? Do you call the tow truck and ask for a jump? I don’t think so! Think about it.
Then there’s self-driving cars. That’s something for another time.

Just imagine. You’re happily driving along in your car, truck, bucket or whatever. Suddenly your vehicle bucks, stalls or just stops running. Damn, you ran out of gas! Now what. You call the wife, friend or relative to bring that can of gas that’s garage. You pour it in the tank and go happily on your way.
Now what happens when your electric car battery goes dead.
Do you call the wife and tell her to bring that extra battery you have stashed in the garage? Do you call the tow truck and ask for a jump? I don’t think so! Think about it.
Then there’s self-driving cars. That’s something for another time.
As bad as many peoples driving habits are, auto drive may be a improvement... it’s like mortal combat trying to get to a simple appointment it seems.

Normally I go to the gas station when my truck is low, stick my card in the pump and fill up and drive away when the tank is full. Today I do the same thing, but the pump shuts off when the tank is 3/4 full. I look and the dollar amount is $125.00 which is the station limit for one purchase without going inside and making separate arrangements. $125.00 and only 3/4 full???? What the hell?

My RAM 1500 has a 32 gallon tank I don't let it get to close to half before I start looking for some "CHEAP GAS" if there is such a thing.

$2.7 a litre yesterday here in the UK. Thats over $10 a US gallon by my reckoning and its going to get more expensive.
I wonder if all the people that took the piss out of me for buying a Smart car a few months back still feel the same.
My old PT had a road tax bill of over $750 a year the Smart costs me $40. They want most of the population off the roads.
G

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back