Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

gauge wiring

v8danh

i recently came across a good deal on a set of shark gauges.i have the electronic one touch speedo and the quad gauge set.i am using the original pulse generator in my 700 r4 trans and the wiring diagram only tells you to hook one wire from the speedo to one side of the pulse generator.where dose the other wire from the pulse generator go?hot or ground?i asume it should be ground but i want to make sure before i blow up my speedo:eek:lol.thanks Dan

Not for sure, but I would think the clear or white will go to the speedo and the other (orange or red) will go to a switched power supply.

I know someone on here will know definitly, but I just had to try!:D

Hate to disagree, but I believe one wire is grounded. My humble opinion :eek:

I believe, and I'm researching this to be sure, but the pulse generator creates a magnetic induction field. One side needs to be grounded and the other side to the gauge. I'll confirm this and post it.

Humidi-T said:
I believe, and I'm researching this to be sure, but the pulse generator creates a magnetic induction field. One side needs to be grounded and the other side to the gauge. I'll confirm this and post it.

and if I remember right, the ground wire needs to wrap around the pulse wire like once every half in or something to act as a shield? :D

thanks for the help fella's i took the advice from Don and emailed dolphin gauges and got a reply today.for futer referance the other wire goes to ground thanks again. Dan.

I checked mine and it has 3 wires, hot, ground and one white going to the speedo. Guess it depends on the manufacture.
Told you these guys are great!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back