Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

going to put a step

I cut it at a 45* angle and capped it. Then IIRC I kept it back 1" to keep it out of sight. The 1/8" plate I made 1/4" smaller than the step to keep it out of sight as well.

/thanks guys. i'm a newbie on here, just bought my t bucket friday and was wondering about the step. you guy have given me some good ideas and help . thanks again !!

Welcome, William. (Kinda partial to that name myself!) If you will post this in the "Introductions" section, you'll get a lot more response.

Yokos dad.jpeg

When I had my dragster I had a folding motorcycle peg I stepped on to clear the windshield.
That is truly thinking outside of the box... very cool.

Thanks for the great ideas here. My fiance is 4'11" and getting in our new T bucket is a challenge for her. There is a step currently mounted on our car but it is very wobbly and not positioned well.

I do like the "Ford" step plate shown in some of the pics. I will have to search those out to get one!

When I had my dragster I had a folding motorcycle peg I stepped on to clear the windshield.
That made me think of the electric folding AMP steps that I have on my truck. Probably over-kill for a T-bucket but would be different.

I have passenger side doors on my T-buckets and still have had people step on the turn-out. One lady stepped on it and broke the welds where the header meets the exhaust flange (Sanderson Headers).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back