Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gouged at the pumps

all-world1

Another hurricane and another fleecing :eek: at the pumps. Yesterday the price in Winnipeg jumped to $5.62 for a US Gallon. Yup, almost the entire current retail supply was purchased at the lower wholesale price.

Probably see a lot of activity in the 4-banger threads again...LOL.:yay:

Any one got a Chevette they want to part with?

Ron

Take photos....lots of photos...of the service stations signs and pumps, The attny general in Arkansas said that he was going to go after anyone that was price gouging because of the storm. Gas went up from about 3.50 to 5.00 over night. As of last night here in my part of Missouri we were still at 3.79 a gallon up 50 cents a gallon from Friday, but I suspect that the price will increase again today. A while back we had some huge ice storms in the area and some businesses and gas stations gouged people and the MO attny general went after them...and won.

Johnny Angel

From what I understand, a lot of States have anti-gouging laws and that's great to see.

The fines have to greatly exceed the windfall profits made from gouging for these laws to be effective. I like the idea of taking pics of prices.

.....and when the Attorney General wins one of these fights the state gets to collect the fines and we still got screwed.....

Price is 4.05 was 3.89 yesterday.
www.gasbuddy.com
A good site if traveling for gas budget and trip planning.
Todd I see you are a senior now.

all-world1 said:
Another hurricane and another fleecing :eek: at the pumps. Yesterday the price in Winnipeg jumped to $5.62 for a US Gallon. Yup, almost the entire current retail supply was purchased at the lower wholesale price.

Probably see a lot of activity in the 4-banger threads again...LOL.:)

It was 3.39 before IKE hit and now it's 3.59 here in Flower Mound (DFW area) .

putz said:
Price is 4.05 was 3.89 yesterday.
www.gasbuddy.com
A good site if traveling for gas budget and trip planning.
Todd I see you are a senior now.

Seems like just yesterday I was a PLEEB. I wonder if this is why the AARP is sending me a membership card?

That's too high. Gas prices should have been held at the current prices. Let the retailers and suppliers be the ones screaming bloody murder for once. The minimum fine for gougers should be $1m per gas station and loss of their place of business. I for one am sick and tired of being the one having to pay for all of the inconveniences the oil companies have to suffer. They've made enough money over the last year or so that they could probably provide us with fuel for free until things get back to normal. My rant.

The price jumped from $3.539 last Thursday to any where from $4.199 - $4.699 depending on brand at lunch tiime Friday. :dance:

Diesel is $4.049 - $4.099. That's a first, Diesel lower than regular gas. :eek:

The SC attorney general is on the war path in some City's for price gouging, over $5.059 in Columbia.

Will it ever end? Not!:lol:
JC

supposedly in the states you can take a picture of the price and get the address. and send it to the attorney general..
supposedly they are going to prosecute for price gouging this go around..

the governor of kentucky also stated this in a press release..

I gassed up tonight for 2.69 (E-85) here in Indy. Regular gas was 4.15. That's a spread of 35%! I know everybody has an opinion on Ethanol, but the fact is until we become more independent of Oil (foreign and domestic) and come up with better alternatives, we'll be talking about the high prices at the pump for a long time to come. Before you all ask, my F-150 gets about 15% less mpg on E-85. At 25-35% less, it's a no-brainer. :hooray:

As of today the Ark. attny general has issued over 50 summons to gas stations that were gouging or suspected of gouging, Mo. attny general is following on Ark.s heels and issuing summons to stations in the south east part of the state where the largest amount of complaints were filed. Funny thing as I was, and others were going around town snapping photos stations were lowering their prices right in front of our eyes...

Johnny Angel

Down here in New Zealand its NZ$2 per litre. So using 3.8 litres to the US gallon, we are paying $7.60 per gallon.

That would convert to around US$4.60, except we obviously get paid in our local currency, so we get gouged big time.

And our Govt has just passed laws for carbon taxes which will increase power bills by around $2000 per year, and increase the price of petrol to over $8.00 per US gallon

Just as well I have a blown big block in the bucket already, coz there arent too many being built down here anymore

I know I'm getting old and my kids say I suffer from CRS. The TV keeps talking about gas going up and down but I've only seen it go up, I can't remember the last time gas was under $4.15 in our area.

August this was released (Title & excerpt),
Big Oil's Record Quarter: $51.5B In Combined Profit

"six of the major international oil companies topped $50 billion in combined profit"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back