Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

H-Ace-T's new look

HAceT

I am a Vet and so is Katherine. We are real big POW/MIA supporters and decided that we wanted to show our support for our Vets. We came up with repainting the car in a Army Drab Green with a POW/MIA decal over the back wheels and the American Flag on the sides. I will be removing the Jack Daniels Barrel and replacing it with a box painted like a foot locker. I will also have Ex-POW's sign the cowl area. I've been in touch with a couple around here and they told me about 2 from Iwo Jima. I will would also like to have a small book with their picture and a little Bio about them and their military stint. I am looking for as many Ex-POW's as I can get. I hope to have the car done for the big event in Andersonville, Georgia. It's called "The Ride Home" and you can see it here. http://www.theridehome.com/home.html
Anyway here is what I've done so far....

Decals removed....
IMG00024-20100705-1915.jpg

Center caps painted..........
IMG00027-20100705-2025.jpg

And what I'm looking at doing.....
1.jpg

I am a Vet and so is Katherine. We are real big POW/MIA supporters and decided that we wanted to show our support for our Vets. We came up with repainting the car in a Army Drab Green with a POW/MIA decal over the back wheels and the American Flag on the sides. I will be removing the Jack Daniels Barrel and replacing it with a box painted like a foot locker. I will also have Ex-POW's sign the cowl area. I've been in touch with a couple around here and they told me about 2 from Iwo Jima. I will would also like to have a small book with their picture and a little Bio about them and their military stint. I am looking for as many Ex-POW's as I can get. I hope to have the car done for the big event in Andersonville, Georgia. It's called "The Ride Home" and you can see it here. http://www.theridehome.com/home.html
Anyway here is what I've done so far....

Decals removed....
IMG00024-20100705-1915.jpg

Center caps painted..........
IMG00027-20100705-2025.jpg

And what I'm looking at doing.....
1.jpg
This is just me, but I would have the POW/MIA decal on the front cowl panel , then a FULL American flag flying towards the back. No break out, or rips or tears or anything like that. You might think about a black tub body with a white border around the POW/MIA decal then the flag in red, white and blue. No flames or eagles. The trunk looks awkward. Also, what's that on the radiator shell? Distracting. Just not feeling the olive drab. While I'm spending your money, chrome reverse rims with baby moons. And a straight up wind shield.

Of course, this is your car and you and your wife's tribute to our POWS/MIAs and what ever you do will be a wonderful, heartfelt tribute to them. God bless your endeavor and please remember that this is only my opinion, paid for in full and ensured by those same POWs/MIAs.

John

Ace i think thats a cool idea i took some pics of a guy with a WW2 theme at the starbird show that may give you an idea or two.

Wow to both cars. I have thought about building a c cab painted in a military theme, it would be cool.But I won't get around to that, because my wife told me if I build another it will be a c cab for her ---- heater a/c and anything else she can think of GROAN I don't think so. I'll just buy her a new car.

Thank you to all that posted comments. And that bucket has given me an idea. I really wanted this to be different than others not saying that mine was already that way with the Ace of Spades flipping down the side of the car and the Jack Daniels barrell.

Thank you to all that posted comments. And that bucket has given me an idea. I really wanted this to be different than others not saying that mine was already that way with the Ace of Spades flipping down the side of the car and the Jack Daniels barrell.

How about american flag flames or peeling from the firewall with the army green and POW/MIA still on the back

Man Ron that looks GREAT. I sent you a PM. That may even work better than the decal. or even just mounted on the box. I had to take the car to a tranny shop since the tranny started acting up.

Ok....John what about this look. I am starting to lean more towards the black. I can get the Vet's to sign the car in a silver color sharpie.
That was the main reason for the green so they could sign the cowl area and it be visible.
11.jpg

Ok....John what about this look. I am starting to lean more towards the black. I can get the Vet's to sign the car in a silver color sharpie.
That was the main reason for the green so they could sign the cowl area and it be visible.
11.jpg
Wayne, the reason I proposed that the POW/MIA decal be placed on the cowl was that i felt that it 'read" better that way. Our eyes read front to rear. And we process information the same way. Eyes are drawn to the engine area and then flow towards the rear. The engine catches you attention, the POW/MIA decal lets you know what the subject is, the American flag tells you that these are AMERICAN POWs/MIAs. The black allows the colors of our flag to really present themselves. Thats why I suggested a full, billowing flag trailing back. A simple, single stage black paint job would be easy to apply (but you would have to put some work into the prep), shiny, but would not overshadow the meaning of the car. Keep the car and the symbols you want to convey, basic, simple and strong. Rims painted black with baby moons. No white walls. The car should be a tasteful messenger, not the message. The graphics will be the message.
Perhaps a sign in book instead of signing the car. Then the book can be kept, reproduced or presented to whoever you would like. Incorporate the trunk in the display, maybe filled with mementos from local POWs/MIAs, perhaps pictures. Have a quiet space where a person could sit, contemplate what they see, feel. A simple table and chairs to let them rest for a few minutes before signing the book and continuing on.

These are just suggestions. Take what you like and leave the rest. I know whatever you do will be done with love and respect. John

The start of Project rebuild....
IMG00026-20100705-2022.jpg

IMG00056-20100711-1128.jpg

IMG00057-20100711-1128.jpg

IMG00063-20100711-1508.jpg

The box is black and mounted along with new trailer hitch and lights. I'll post more tomorrow. Getting POW/MIA decals hoping in the next couple days and the plate from RPM for the rear of box. I'll paint it white so it stands out from the black box. I hope to have the majority of it done before this weekends trip to the mountains for a well deserved Vacation with my boys.

Hands off the panel truck Akita Ace and i are very close :blush: (like brothers) :hoist: (kinda) and if anyone should end up with the panel its the rooster!!!!!!! Think how many retirement retirees i could deliver meals to in that panel Ace , :thumb: of course it would need to have 4 inches taken out of the top. :devil:

Ace i think thats a cool idea i took some pics of a guy with a WW2 theme at the starbird show that may give you an idea or two.

Rooster, Do you or anybody else know anything about those spark ignitors on the tail pipe in your sequence of pictures? For the guys that are getting 3~5 mpg, it would probably light the night lighting off their unburned hydrocarbons.

Rooster, Do you or anybody else know anything about those spark ignitors on the tail pipe in your sequence of pictures? For the guys that are getting 3~5 mpg, it would probably light the night lighting off their unburned hydrocarbons.
I have a friend that does it on his old stude pickup with side pipes. I will ask him.

I really thought about the sharks teeth but you can still keep yours if I do. I do miss seeing you and hanging out with you. Maybe just maybe we'll make Ohio. Not sure. You have a great looking car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back