Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hair pin flames cut out by RPM

Humidi-T

Sorry Ron, they don't look very pretty in these pics, but I promise to replace these with pics of them painted and completed. They came out well! Once I get my deck back from the glass shop, and mounted, I'll make a template for my tank. You'll like this one. I need it to fit as best as possible within my deck and maximize the capacity at the same time. With my stretched frame, it will drop down between the body into a sump of sorts. Two birds with one stone.

I'm jealous:mad::mad:

when Ron built MY radius rods, he never mentioned he could do cool stuff to 'em............

Vance

Ron didn't actually do it. I bought the hairpins from him, then mounted them. I witnessed a bucket split his hairpins in Mountain Home and decided I wanted at least a little reinforcement in mine. Just for the warm and fuzzy feeling. I made a cardboard template, cut it out, and mailed it to Ron, a few days later I get a package back with the flames cut out. I then welded them into the hairpins. They look better now all welded and painted. I'll have to snap a picture the next time I have the tarp off.

It's little details like that that make all our cars both unique and NEVER done! Nice job!:)

Humidi-T said:
Ron didn't actually do it. I bought the hairpins from him, then mounted them. I witnessed a bucket split his hairpins in Mountain Home and decided I wanted at least a little reinforcement in mine. Just for the warm and fuzzy feeling. I made a cardboard template, cut it out, and mailed it to Ron, a few days later I get a package back with the flames cut out. I then welded them into the hairpins. They look better now all welded and painted. I'll have to snap a picture the next time I have the tarp off.

Sorry....my bad:sad:
had to give Ron a little grief:lol:
they do look bitchin'.......I never thought of that.......but it does make sense to reinforce them somehow......at my age.....I like "warm and fuzzy":eek:

Vance

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back