Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

having trouble fitting in places

jjsticks

I don't know if it's me or what,but I just don't know where i fit in with reguards to the hot rodders.you see i'm not really an original all steel roadster .i'm homebuilt with fiberglass and wood ,and i'm not a musle car...all shinny and stuff.so who am i to hang with? not too(not any) many T bucket clubs around south jersey.just feeling left out :( NOT!

strick out on your own jj. they will come to you. but don't worry, ya fit just fine right here!!

Ron

JJ i tell you right where you fit. You fit in the real rotrod line. Most of those highbrow guys with their150K cars bought um. I will bet the real builders will treat you just like anybody else. When they start that S@#@ with me i call um on it. Those wana be's run in packs because no one else will believe ther line of S$%@. But having said this i dont come off with an attatude either unless they do i use to show my 71 nova and 90% of everybody are cool but their is allways a couple. My point is for this type of guys this is a fad for them they are in it for a year or two then on to somethin else. For the real guys, its a lifestyle for them.

Rooster has it right. When they turn up their nose ask them who built their car. When they tell you say, "Oh, I built mine." I've set more than one snob back on his heels when I've said that. And it's a real treat when there is a crowd.

I like running by myself, rather than in a pack... Most can not even keep up, even on a fairly nice road, not speeding, but just cruisin, they always have to slow waaay down for every bump, stop here and there for something... So I love to go where other Hot Rods will not drive, either roads or the wrong side of town, as this way, all the regular people get to see the car up close, and sometimes go for a ride... Car shows and every week drive in gigs are soo clicky, just not my thing, as they are all talking and if you listen, you soon know they really no nothing at all about their cars, or even how they are really supposed to work, and they will never hear that there may be something wrong, safety wise with their car, it is perfect... SO, Do your own thing, it is much more rewarding in the long run... Enjoy the ride :)

jjsticks said:
I don't know if it's me or what,but I just don't know where i fit in with reguards to the hot rodders.you see i'm not really an original all steel roadster .i'm homebuilt with fiberglass and wood ,and i'm not a musle car...all shinny and stuff.so who am i to hang with? not too(not any) many T bucket clubs around south jersey.just feeling left out :( NOT!

Looks like you fit in perfect right here. :)

Not to stur the pot or anything, there is a couple groups of people we are missing here. One would be the guy that truely loves these fantastic lil car but has basicly no fabrication skills. Another would be the guy who dosen't have the tools, time or a shop to build his dream. These are the guys that rely on the builers and fabricators among us to help them realize their deams. Oh sure some of them will say they built thier car and sport the attitude, but the only one that pays attention to them are others of thier own kind. That's the small percentage Rooster was talking about. Some of them feel like the car is thier creation because they where making decissions during the build, but most of these will give credit where it's due.

This is a form for those who apprieciate the Model T in one form or another. Just where we fit in is ... well ... dose it really mater? The point is to enjoy the art form.

You are a hot rodder jj ...

Ron

I have this saying on the back of my trailer. ( Yes, I have to use a trailer once or twice a year.) It goes like this:

PRO BUILT OR HOME BUILT
TRAILERED OR DRIVEN
STEEL OR GLASS
WHO CARES, HAVE FUN.

If more guys would adhere to that, it would be GREAT!

Jim

I do believe the only time my car was on a trailer, was when I broke something and She was not drivable... :) She would be embarrassed to be caught on a trailer, Me too... :lol: unless I was moving all my belongings... hehe like, Ark. here I come... I wish!

like they said just enjoy, there are others out there doing the same thing ,they will find you.

Thanks brothers ,I forget all that b/s when I'm cruising down the highway and my hair is blowing! Damn thats a good feeling,I'm just getting to know my little T, but it is a wonderful high. again thanks guys for the warm welcome.JJ

In an old Mack Davis' song, "Oh Lord it's Hard to Be Humble", he sings, "I run around by myself so I stand out in the crowd." Enough said, I like my "Bucket Buddies", but most of the time I enjoy cruisin by myself, at my own pace. It is especially comforting for an old guy, who has to pee every few miles, and he doesn't have to flag everyone over in the group so he can relieve himself. "Drive It and They Will Find You!"

Now I love to drive my T as much as anyone, but I am going to trailer it down to San Diego for the 101 Run... that's 2500+ miles round trip and the goal is to get to San Diego and have fun... If I were to drive the T all the way down:
a) it would take longer as I'd have to plan a route that had stations every 100 miles...
b) I'd have to stop every 80-100 miles for gas and break...
c) if I ran into any rain, by law I'd have to pull over and wait it out as I have no fenders (fair weather law allows non fendered cars to drive on streets only if it's not raining or snowing)
d) would have to stop and do laundry every other day as that is all I could pack
e) It's just a heck of a lot more comfortable to drive my truck with AC, tunes, cruise control, etc for long distances so when I get there, my T will be clean, ready to enjoy and have fun at the event...
f) I won't be as tired as I would if I drove the T down...

Guess that means I'm getting old, but if I want a open air road trip, I take my bike... It's a lot of fun too!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back