Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

having trouble fitting in places

Al, knowin you, you won't be looking down your nose at those who drive thier T's. gettin old has put prioritie on all of us. i don't mind trailered cars i guess as much as aditudes.

Ron

I drove my T-bucket up over the pass to Post Falls, Id to a show a couple of years ago... there were 2 other buckets at the show and apparently they were friends as they came up to me together to talk to me about mine...

They asked where I was from, I told them and they asked where I parked my trailer... I told them I drove over the pass day before... (only 292 miles)... I have to tell you they were wide eyed shocked! They asked me how fast I was going I told them 75 - 80 in the open straights then 70 MPH close to town... They looked at me like I was totally nuts!

Guess neither of these boys ever took there T-buckets past 55 on highways and they really didn't like going that fast... Interstate freeways??? They just plain stayed off the interstates! I asked them how long they've had there T's, one said going on ten years, the other said 6 years... just goes to show... ya never know.

Well not sure where i fit in, when i turned 40 i bought myself a birthday present,turned out it was not very safe:eek:,and in the last couple years with the help of some friends i am learning as i go.but i do get excited EVERY saturday when we meet at the warehouse:D

Sorry to say this, but a lot of home built cars are not safe, but then again a lot of pro built cars are not safe either... the main reason I see a lot of the time, is too big of an engine, and too heavy of a foot... Would you agree with this?? Bad welds excluded.. hehe :ciao:

i was thinking that way ted, and thats why i wanted to have the 23 point insection done by someone from the NSRA.they went over the car with fine tooth comb.the only thing they found was i needed to back up a couple nuts that were not self locking.I went right to the shop and did just that.do I feel safe hummmm it's hard to tell ,because I never has any thing like this before.JJ

Someone ask me the other day what my T and my vintage 308gtsi had in common, to which I replied, "A one night stand or a weekend at a nudist camp, cause you can't pack sxxt in either one of them."

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back