Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Header Design & Build

Then there are the other variables like timing changes, jetting, etc, if any... those tricky tuning devils, lol...
Yea, it certainly could be that there is no clear conclusion to be drawn when it's all said
and done. But it will be fun and very enjoyable for me!

Man you guys are getting real deep for a Hot Rod....

I get it Rick. Was just curious how far you planned to take it. I know the tech stuff is what you enjoy most. Their was a time I was the same. Now days as long as it sounds good, looks good, runs good and will blow the skirts up I'm good.:D

I'm a want-a-be racer. If I had the money I would be racing in some kind of road racing.
Drag racing is just over too quick, the object to drag racing is to drive less and less. I would
want just the opposite.

But it's easier to spend money on the TBucket since the wife enjoys it also, only fair!

It was the tech side that took me out of the seat. Use to be the driver was the deciding factor. Nothing like a good ole peddle fest to the other end when things went wrong. Now days it's how well you can tune your on-board computer system that controls pretty much all aspects of driver duties. Took all the fun out of it imo.

The end game ..... I thought we like TBuckets because each one is unique to it's owner.

Absolutely correct. And you're doing all the work, so why should I care, huh? Go for it - hope it works even better than you expect! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Spanky !!!

I guess I have to agree with Spanky and T Test. Whatever turns you on! I guess if you have the green stuff to afford those kinds of
things, go for it. Id rather spend on things that make it look cool. Speed and noise are cheaper!
That's just my opinion! To each his own.

Thanks Neshkoro for reading, that's all I can hope for !

Rick you just go for it Bud. I just want to cruise and have my wife with me...….She does not like it to loud so I am good I will just see what you come up with....See you soon I hope....

The flanges that let you put 2" pipes on a SBC:
ArQblNQfbRx1_--J3iWYYC6Ta2eT9Z6r_JwwADjaHhNtjV_2C7TZ-lsRRWh2VqWkpKBleX7BYllKBAtJExvSVpMLGu35BUWkyzqKg0Y_4Ho7bTyWcY6XYFwroWlwOK_s8kPEE-7zl-E7ND8VgPjV16IocKpYHmxCAbPrF44UKe1SIIyM18NWP4r5_7Ksljp7gJ-6663c9MsIMHXj-SUHFcKn7-TKEaoJq_EKkRgrPR2HEE5B2oGZKayeAL3aYTqnvKYpEYz74XnW311AF6NsjnrJe-q8wdhOLgfxpQu4cDUrvjxfbK6CW2J_GqkL7vzua43GPcJdJ9KiuG_qbTxfc6u08Ea-NLIdBiXA26jDMD_rRt02VJK7gSk9JYrrtAMVJ7ayWjr4mIOifm_P1Gyr3hsh88u7p38kR_2Zt9-U-fCGx6-8M-G9TqL1ewbYPFNlNddSHZTEtsIZ4VVjSK79b8soNaKr_418UztJUXkOxPTGsZjStxIiGadT6ySwhNcQCXNU7KDkHMIYRE9mODEPSzfbCdGGePo2SqEg1hn2_wjm-FGfoljonFjmVipYG97DwqifmA8EgrxanUXTlPMah3aBcQmj3Cb4XN4KXtmhnwe3sAPiD5D2K2dS2gr7xzBOEjcctA-K2BUVV3k-QcQ882kxCLRsK6tdS-MQkv4pYWXjp6B-ZFnCBw=w717-h278-no

The top flange goes on the motor. The bottom flange is welded to the pipes.
...and how they mate up:
wrHekinjnpphQoAUtMmVLI8LXsnwoGqEi3s4WZAfbeDeN-HzVkuquD-jMOPhi2YBut4d45_zr8AewuAO9W5uxX7oed4IiclJfHtbuLU0TxQ71x-MgGtv961PW1MrkarwMwP2Br_jWIJNxCz1tIcJ8zD4IAd5CkfrTGz07JHkKvklVvR6WXu4uieAvGQERdtmwoUkvw9sPa27HBtm6AwjU4mSWXF7IGNsbliclpYFxL8XyY5OQ2-j6EWinrJT1-VFoHqDfDa-C4AwWMzW4wdKyF54Kd_8eooB7KuvljB5euMhbBuNdLC4sntGVkDwOGQltrxwpJBon-jkXfazo8JZi8CswfuFqde7XJvULb1HmhyFLtla0dP5oyWnqYEvVN-agEz49abchOLdtvurGQ8qTjU7y1pQZeaEgCPegYYq4gSdkkwP_NHbKfOY7bC2ne3TVTGSBq3lTVzdubpnsptZw0AJ0wgnDbq0RXJCxnyVVtpxUsHGrQUXnDwHiGpPnDCQ1QYsI6rr63ZEeRh_xLYqydtdif0AJsuTarxPfeMVQw1ffVzf4t2qyMHfutOvgtobbG-WGbkvGJ-hlETFnTK57ow0tsmJcTRwWmYV9MWsdh5dYXbj7j8wSrnBMUVh1bCbG04i6tJ5wwGdteIrEomAzdo_-eQVv7WnCduSH_rvviDrFeHStMKjXw=w538-h96-no

Indy, I'm emailing with GP and the other guys here. Waiting for response to my ideas. I think Stainless headers sells parts and kits for DIYers, and GP does the actual welding if you want. I don't weld, except for J.B.Weld :roflmao:, so I guess GP will do mine...if they can! I want them to build the system on the car in their shop. But I get the feeling they aren't going to like that approach. I mean, what if I use their mock-up kit and the pipes don't look right on the car? Stay tuned.

Sorry fluidfloyd, you lost me there ....... decide what ???

When I posted about the snap together plastic header design kit I did know the cost and figured you wouldn't buy it for one set of headers. Just more of a suggestion if all else failed. My quote was in reference of getting from A to B with many suggestions on how to do it. All good ideas but in the end it will be you that does the work. Advice was given to me in '85 by a old WO5 Huey pilot. I have always remembered and used that advice since that day. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck with your project.

George

Hey Rick, I want a set of custom stainless headers to if it'll make my car sound this good.:thumbsdown::thumbsup::roflmao::roflmao:

Gonna take a little more than headers, Jim. You'll need at least that bass 'woofer' on the top, and some serious internals to round out the sound spectrum. Just sayin' . . .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back