Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

headlight wiring??@##*(

Johnny

Why do they have to make instructions so confusing?? I have the Guide 680 C headlights from Speedway. The wiring inst. on the package has this info: Green is low beam; Red is High beam; Black is ground for headlight bulb; White is marker light low function(I think that means park); Brown is for marker light high function(signal, maybe??).
Now, my harness has High beam; Low beam; Parking light; Turn signal. I figured the whole unit was grounded through the mount.
Has anyone installed these lights???

You wiring Gurus, HELP!!!!!

Okay, now I'm starting to think something is wrong with these lights. It only has 4 wires coming out. Not 5.
Think I'll call Speedway in the morning.

Is it a fiberglass car? how are you grounding your electrictal ? You will need 5 wires if you count ground as a wire. The four wires are supply the ground is the return.

Called Speedway and there is a problem with the wiring. Sending me new ones this week.
That is really interesting. I wonder what they mean by "low function" and "high function?" I've never heard those terms. Now marker lights can be used as both park and turn signals, but that is usually implemented in the turn signal switch. The Guide unit description says it has 5 LEDs in the marker. I suppose some of them could be used for park lights and some for turn signals. Well, let us know what Speedway sends you. I can guide (pun!) you to any type of lighting scheme you want.

Got my new lights today. They have 5 wires like they should have had in the first place. YEEEE HAAAAA! It was some kind of update so the LEDs could be used both as signal and running lights. Josh, at Speedway, was a great help and got these lights to me in just a few days. Very happy.
Now, I have to go hook em up.

Got my new lights today. They have 5 wires like they should have had in the first place. YEEEE HAAAAA! It was some kind of update so the LEDs could be used both as signal and running lights. Josh, at Speedway, was a great help and got these lights to me in just a few days. Very happy.
Now, I have to go hook em up.
Excellent. Do you know what "low function" and "high function" mean?

The LEDs have two circuits. Low function are the parking lights(lower intensity) and High function are the turn signals(real bright)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back