Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey Guy! Heads up on all this fuel with Ethanol....

We live in a disposable world now. Nothing is built to last anymore. Current technology has only made things more complicated and more expensive.

In our area there are several places that sell real gas for off highway use.
It's ironic, but there are no such gas stations here in central Texas. I've been thinking I should buy Avgas at the local private airfield, but that's only practical for lawn tools. It's too far to drive twice a week with the T.
Don't forget the Green stabil is the only one that works with Ethanol.
I've never seen green Stabil. The red bottle says it's an ethanol treatment. Was this a joke?

It's ironic, but there are no such gas stations here in central Texas. I've been thinking I should buy Avgas at the local private airfield, but that's only practical for lawn tools. It's too far to drive twice a week with the T.

I've never seen green Stabil. The red bottle says it's an ethanol treatment. Was this a joke?
Could've been....Hey dude, we're a bunch of old farts here, a few young whipper snappers, but when can do a funny, we go for it!
We're experienced in stretching threads of all kinds, running front mounted distributors on chevys, up to and included running 14-71's on the little Nova II motors....this is usually after we get into the beer on a hot summers day though....
Oh, by the way, welcome aboard!!!!!

The green StaBill is labeled for marine use. This spring when my 2 cycle rototiller would not start I had to replace the carberator with a new one because the old one was destroyed by the affects of ethanol.

This is a great thread. It should be posted as a must read for all! I have a friend in the motorcycle industry that agrees if you are carb'd DO NOT run any fuel like "E-10" .

If you have some prized engines and non ethanol is not available, look into buying VP fuel. They make a small engine specific fuel. The rescue and fire depts. use it in their equipment. I may have posted this earlier as this is an older thread and I did not read all the previous post. VP also has some street gasoline with an extended shelf life, last longer in the tank.
I think they advertise up to 6 years life. You might want to double check me on that, but it is formulated to last and run good. Do not forget your marine engines. Also, marinas might have non-ethanol gasoline.

Pure gas.org will help. Marina's and also small airports.....
Theres a stabil ethanol treatment in a small bottle that you can use for you small outdoor motors, ie, chain saws, weed-eaters, lawn tractors, etc. Jus last week, I filled up my old farm truck, it was spitting and popping, added 2 bottles of heet, was alot better, then added about 14 oz's of Isopropyl alcohol....ran fine then....
I'm wiring up a electric fuel pump and just before the fuel filter by the carb, I'm putting in a Y with a valve on one leg with a extended piece of hose there on the inner fender, so I can drain that crap off as needed.
I'm also adding a water block filter to my T, as the water is absorbed, it will shut the filter down. I'll just carry a couple of extra spin-on's in my little tool box. Also, adding water-in-fuel light, screws into the bottom of the screw on diesel filters thats mounted just ahead of my pump back by the fuel tank. I'm gonna do the same to the old farm truck.
They came on the 1st & 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins trucks....

Just look up the classic cars and ethanol....interesting stuff. All the money they're throwing away to make us self sufficient fuelwise, is pouring gas on the ground. Loosing fuel economy, adding that crap, we have to burn more to do than same job because the fuel doesn't have the same BTU's. And these morons are using corn, that could be used to feed people, to make the fuel.
Its gonna get nothing but worse!!!!

Last edited:
The only thing wrong with running aviation fuel is, that it is a low lead. Not sure on how how that could affect an engine "long term" other than build up on the valves and seats.

This was the first year I've needed to put my motorcycle up for the winter since buying it new five years ago. Up until now it's been a daily commuter, even in the winter, filled with fresh gas almost every week. To prepare it for the down time, I added Stabil to the tank, then rode the bike several miles to be sure the mix was in the carbs. When I got home, I shut off the fuel valve, then ran the motor until the carbs were empty. When I take the bike out in the spring, I plan to drain the tank and refill it with fresh gas before starting the motor. As far as I know, this is the only way to keep ethanol gas from damaging the carbs. Unfortunately, I'm not sure it's always the right thing to do for hot rods. I seem to remember that Holleys have gaskets that dry out and shrink if they don't stay soaked in fuel. The government has really screwed us on this one. :mad:

Jack

We use to have leaded all the way up to the 70's, then low-lead up to the 80's, then lead-free. They tried gasahol back in the 70's that trashed everyones stuff, Been wanting to sneak it in....that E85 is for the birds. If you rejet your carbs to wick that ethanol, replace all the stuff that the crap eats up, runs 1/2 way decent. Its just all the water thats in it that seperates....you can't keep it, it absorbs water.

I love the Green/Blue av gas....nice stuff. Used to get it by the barrel.

This might help some.....................................................

NitroFuelCan_zpsd4a90b7c.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand now, its a government conspiracy.
When gas is outlawed ,only outlaws will have gas!!!
No, its the Governments wants, not our needs. Don't even get me started in politics, you don't wanna go there. Wonder if they'll ever come for our cars? We need real gas to run some of these things....
If you had a $35,000 Hemi Cuda....you would not be putting this E85 in it, Or a 69 Ford Boss Mustang.
The Small planes can't run it, you can bet the Limos up on capital hill aren't running on it, ....or their yachts either.....

At one point, I thought using E85 might be the way to go, but there is no escaping the real-world fact that it takes 30% more E85 to make the same HP you can make with regular gasoline. Remember when everyone was crowing about how inexpensive E85 was? But when you added 30% more volume, the price was suddenly in line with gasoline. Imagine that.

I have heard that the ethanol programs are subsidized with tax money to stay afloat. Also with the fracking going global there are rumors oil will be more plentiful to the extent it will reduce price significantly. I know that sounds like a pipe dream, but we can hope.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back