Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi from West Texas

txskinney

I guys I been on here for over a year know but have not post yet. I got my first bucket in 1982 traded a model A coupe for it sadly sold it in 2004. Now I am gathering parts to build my 2nd one.
this is what it looked like when I got it
1982.jpg

this what it looked like after I sold it in 2004
side.jpg

Sweet, Sometimes I find that the planning and building are more fun than the driving.

What part of West Texas you in. I lived in Iraan, TX for about 5 years.

:welcome:
Great to see another Texan ,, :) good place to hang out and great people here too

I am not sure been gathering parts so far I got a few choices for engines
1966 Ford 352 with a C6 trans.
1976 Toyota 2TC 4 banger with a 5speed (if I use this engine I would build a track t)
1991 Ford 302 out of a police car
1985 Ford 351w
For a frame I will ether built a tube frame like in my old one or built it out of 3 x rectangle tube
For the rear in I have the 1957 corvette rear in that I remove out of my old bucket when I installed the jag.
I also have a Ford 9 and 8 rear ends
For the front axle I got a 1937 Dodge front axle
The body is an old fiberglass body with a bed that I got from a guy.
As you can tell I got a lot of junk just got to clean up my shop and start putting together.

Howdy from Amarillo :cool:

Vance

nice lookin' buckets.:cool:
we still get together the first saturday of every month.:D

Vance

Welcome to site, enjoy your stay.

Hey Vance I heard there where a bunch of cars last week at the cruise ?

Welcome to the forum txskinney.

west Texas? Big Spring is practicaly EAST Texas!
Mike in ep :hooray:

Welcome! Looks like the Texan club is forming up again this year.:wall: That was a sweet redo, I'd have hid somewhere and cried if I had sold it.

Man tears.:cry:

tfeverfred said:
Welcome! Looks like the Texan club is forming up again this year.:) That was a sweet redo, I'd have hid somewhere and cried if I had sold it.

Man tears.:cry:

I all most did if was not for needing the money for the family I would never sold it, but life go on and I can always (and am) build a new one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back