Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi Guy's...

Dragfink

Thanks for letting me join, I too saw tfeverfred's signature on a HAMB post and decided to check out your site...
Just picked up an old, deserted T project, that was apparently started in the '80's, (Peptol-Bismol Pink paint!),...I traded some old F-100 Ford pickup sheet metal for it!
I don't know the manufacturer, but it's got an interior insert 'glassed in already, and a 20" box.
It's a little small for me, ( I'm 6'5" @ 240 lbs), so this is going to be for my girlfriend, done in an early '60's style...rear Radir's and front chrome reverse on wide white walls, real low, bass boat-style metalflake paint, white interior...at least those are the plans for now!
There's a pic of the body in my vBPic Gallery, if I did it right!

:welcome:Welcome aboard Dragfink.Oh by the way nice color.:eek:

Welcome and good luck on your build.if you have any questions about any aspect of your build feel free to ask.Remember the only dumb question is one not asked.We have from the pro builder to the first time builder here and you WILL get answers to your questions and ideas up the wazooo.

I will Rick, thanks. I've built quite a few cars over the years,...this is my first T bucket, but shouldn't be any different from the many traditional-style hot rods I've built, most from the ground up with scratch built frames.

I also have a brand new Speedway body that I got about 10 years ago as a partial payment for welding up a modified roadster chassis for a guy...I still haven't touched it!
It's still in the white gel coat...I was trying to figure out how to get my big a** in it and still be able to drive!

Dragfink said:
I will Rick, thanks. I've built quite a few cars over the years,...this is my first T bucket, but shouldn't be any different from the many traditional-style hot rods I've built, most from the ground up with scratch built frames.

I also have a brand new Speedway body that I got about 10 years ago as a partial payment for welding up a modified roadster chassis for a guy...I still haven't touched it!
It's still in the white gel coat...I was trying to figure out how to get my big a** in it and still be able to drive!

Hmm the pink one might go with the big A##LOL.The bucket is just a bit different thana traditional rod in that everything you do is shoe horned in.The guys here will help with the fitting with you.

Yup....It's pink alright! Welcome! Glad to have you here. With your back round, I hope to see you helping the rest of us out. Pink????

Yeah......That's what I wanted to hear!

Howdy from Texas:D

I'm a newby too, you will like it here. nice folks with tons of helpful info:cool:
good luck with your build. (I'm not gonna razz ya about the pink)

Vance

Great to see you, Dragfink! I think you'll find there are nothing but great guys here and a wealth of knowledge. Plus, we're not affraid to learn new ways of doing stuff either.

Looks like you're going to have a real happy girlfriend. Good luck and if you have any questions or advice, post away!:)

Rick said:
And He's From M-i-c-h-i-g-a-n.

:lol:Why, yes he is! The North is beginning to grow in numbers. I need to spread the word down here some more!:)

Yeah, she wasn't really into hot rods before she met me, but she is into bikes,...she rides and owns her own 1100 Honda,...but after a couple BilletProof's, a couple Detroit Autorama's, a GoodGuy's Indy, and hanging around with me and my buddies, she started to figure out that she REALLY wanted a little fenderless, hiboy roadster pickup!
I was going to build her a little modified, then this bucket body popped up, and she loved it!
I guess it's kinda like a 4-wheeled motorcycle!

Dragfink said:
I was going to build her a little modified, then this bucket body popped up, and she loved it!
I guess it's kinda like a 4-wheeled motorcycle!

And it won't tip over!:)

I'm new here too, but welcome Dragfink. The pink should be good for your girl, besides it matches the bicycle.:)

hahaha!....I forgot about the girl's Schwinn StingRay in the background!
I collect those too, boy's and girl's models... I've got about 20 of 'em!

Stingrays are neat little projects, they don't take up as muce room as cars. :) I have 10 or so.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back