Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Horsepower TV his weekend

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Did anybody see Horsepower TV this weekend? They converted an LS1 to use a carburetor and distributor. After switching out the Cam for a Comp Cams Thumpr cam and putting the engine back together with the carb and MSD distributor for a 303 Ford, yep the distributor went in the front, the engine made 480 HP on the dyno.

HP2009-10.jpg

http://www.powerbloc...-10&ep_sea=0901

Its on the TVO thanks for the heads up

Yea I saw that but why not run the same manifold and put a throttle body on it and tune it with speed density. Get more power more driveablity and more dependabiltiy.

Also those numbers are slightly misleading as there are no acc on the motor or exhaust.

raidmagic said:
Yea I saw that but why not run the same manifold and put a throttle body on it and tune it with speed density. Get more power more driveablity and more dependabiltiy.

Also those numbers are slightly misleading as there are no acc on the motor or exhaust.

The purpose of the conversion was to make a modern block and heads look old school for old school hot rodders. Personally I don't like the look of EFI on an exposed engine, too many hoses and wires. They even explained the reason for it in the show.

GT63 said:
The purpose of the conversion was to make a modern block and heads look old school for old school hot rodders. Personally I don't like the look of EFI on an exposed engine, too many hoses and wires. They even explained the reason for it in the show.

Yea I know that but with hidden coil packs and the throttle body you would be suprise how much it looks like an older motor. I'm not downing that motor please don't misunderstand me and that's a great idea. As a matter of fact I just put an LS1 in my 87 Corvette. Amazing motors I had my old motor supercharged and the LS has more power than the blower motor and drives like a normal car without all the drama.

Betcha...

get plain valve covers with FORD on them you would fool 90% of the people that look at it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back