Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I'm a Dummy and a Fool

Old Rotor Flap

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I sitting here enjoying a nice glass of Chardonnay in anticipation of a great Easter dinner and to calm down from discovering I'm a dummy and a fool.

Several months I bought chrome wire wheels on eBay from some________________ out east.

I mounted tires and finally got my chassis to move a few inches in my crowded garage on the rubber.

For several days.... off and on, I've measured and remeasured and measured again, my rear end - no Paris, the rear axle assembly in my T. The thing doesn't sit centered. It has more clearence on one side v. the other side.

So today, my mission was to pull it all apart, burn off the brackets and start over.

Well, a single candlepower light went off on my unconsolaidated group of little gray cells and I decided to measure my rear wheel offsets. The two rears don't have the same offset.

I'm pretty deadly on all my brackets and my frame and it turns out to be the %^$##&* wheels I bought on eBay.

Had I been smart enough to measure the wheels when I got them, I might have had a claim against the seller. But, not me. I just discovered the difference an hour or so ago - too late to seek redress.

I buy and sell helicopter parts and have never mis-represented an item. Nor have sellers mis-represented items to me. A fellow rodder did me wrong. But, regradless of that, it's my fault and I will carry on.

Thanks lads, you're great listeners....... now, I have to tell my wife....... well maybe in May when we're sitting on the beach with a glass of wine in Kauai.

Man, that does suck and I can't imagine the feeling. But I have done worse.

What I'll say is EASY for me since it didn't happen to me, but...

Let's look at the big picture: You COULD have ripped the whole thing apart!

It's worth at least contacting the seller.. just in case. I mean... what do you have to lose?
One never knows. If you have no luck then you can say you tried.

Now, I hope you get to enjoy the wine and be happy the grinders and welders didn't get fired up.

If you feel like throwing something at me.. go ahead.
Joe

Don't be to hard on yourself, you should see the stack of parts I have bought and can't use. I started a hot rod four years ago, then I got introduced to tbuckets and changed directions right in the middle of things. I ain't gonna say what I started cause lookin back it's kinda silly, but the guys on here got me straightened out. So look at it this way it's only money (ouch)

I sitting here enjoying a nice glass of Chardonnay in anticipation of a great Easter dinner and to calm down from discovering I'm a dummy and a fool.

Several months I bought chrome wire wheels on eBay from some________________ out east.

I mounted tires and finally got my chassis to move a few inches in my crowded garage on the rubber.

For several days.... off and on, I've measured and remeasured and measured again, my rear end - no Paris, the rear axle assembly in my T. The thing doesn't sit centered. It has more clearence on one side v. the other side.

So today, my mission was to pull it all apart, burn off the brackets and start over.

Well, a single candlepower light went off on my unconsolaidated group of little gray cells and I decided to measure my rear wheel offsets. The two rears don't have the same offset.

I'm pretty deadly on all my brackets and my frame and it turns out to be the %^$##&* wheels I bought on eBay.

Had I been smart enough to measure the wheels when I got them, I might have had a claim against the seller. But, not me. I just discovered the difference an hour or so ago - too late to seek redress.

I buy and sell helicopter parts and have never mis-represented an item. Nor have sellers mis-represented items to me. A fellow rodder did me wrong. But, regradless of that, it's my fault and I will carry on.

Thanks lads, you're great listeners....... now, I have to tell my wife....... well maybe in May when we're sitting on the beach with a glass of wine in Kauai.
You might want to contact the seller as he may have a mismatched pair left. As in, he sent you one wheel from two different sets and now has two wheels that do not match.

Best case - he made a mistake.

Worst case - he dumped his trash on you.

Likely case - You only need to replace one wheel

Mark

Stop beatin' yourself up! It happens and count it as a learning experience,

I wnet to a good auto supply store to get a short pump. Didn't measure and didn't look. I ended up going through three of the dang things until I measured before I left the store!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back