Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Inside Your Stretch Body

tfeverfred

Resinator, it's been a while since I bugged you for something, so here I go. Could I please have a photo of the inside of the stretch body (without interior), viewed from the cowl to the rear? Being temporarily broke and bored, I'm working on my seat options again. Thanks again.

Also..... what is the width of your seat frame/body support at the front?

I've got that body on my car under construction so measured mine.

Upper front seat base horizontal is 37" to inside of upright tubes. Tubing is 3/4" diameter so 38.5" to outside of uprights.

42" wide from top left body brace to upper edge of fastening position of body at door opening flange.

Jerry

Yea, those measurements and pics kinda help. What I'm wanting to know is, does the rear of the body sit on top of the kick up? It appears it does. If so, by how much? 2"? 4"? That's why I needed a clear pic without upholstery. Thanks.

Thanks again, guys. I remembered CCR had a pic on their web site. Looks to be about 2"?

CCR Deluxe Kit body  (2).jpg

It's that little flat spot on top of where the frame "kick up" would be.

Fred,

That kick up bit in the body does follow the frame kick up. It is approx. 6" high (inside the body and approx. 7" from front to rear. I just measured mine. Going to attempt the taillights/turn signal/switch wiring again...... ughhhh I know how you felt about the wiring and why.
Small steps I guess.

Later,
PaulR

That small ledge on the top is about an 1" - 1 1/8" wide. Definitely less than 2". I'm using it as part of my seats mounting location.
I took some 1/8" x 1 1/2" aluminum angle, 3 pieces of it and made a 'W' shaped piece. Bolted one leg of the 'W' thru the body and bed. The other leg of the 'W' fall just right for me to locate the seat deck and it rests on the brace that runs across the front.

I can send you some pics if you want or you can come by and take a look at it. Let me know.

Later,
PaulR

That small ledge on the top is about an 1" - 1 1/8" wide. Definitely less than 2". I'm using it as part of my seats mounting location.
I took some 1/8" x 1 1/2" aluminum angle, 3 pieces of it and made a 'W' shaped piece. Bolted one leg of the 'W' thru the body and bed. The other leg of the 'W' fall just right for me to locate the seat deck and it rests on the brace that runs across the front.

I can send you some pics if you want or you can come by and take a look at it. Let me know.

Later,
PaulR

Thanks, Paul! I'm thinking that would be a nice place to put my fuse box. Yea.... post some pics!

Last edited:
Ahhh....... okay. I like how you mounted your seat belts there, too. Very nice!

And... yes. Electricity is the Devil.:mad:

Ahhh....... okay. I like how you mounted your seat belts there, too. Very nice!

And... yes. Electricity is the Devil.:mad:

I can think of a few other things.... Just cannot wrap my head around how to wire the rear lights (LED) with front turn signals (LED} and a simple switch.

I put my fuse box under the seats.

PaulR

Paul, I have assumed the title of electrical guru (because nobody else wanted it). Tell me more about your lights and I will draw you a custom diagram. Your rear lights: separate LED tail, stop and turn, or some combination? Do you already have a flasher? Describe it. And you would like a toggle switch to control the turn signals? That's just like my bucket!

Hi PotvinGuy,

I guess we should continue this over in the Electrical section?
I'll start a post there so as to not hijack this one.

See you there.....
PaulR

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back