Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

install neutral switch ?

iajjpop

I bought a Lokar neutral switch [BL1400u]For my TH350 tranny.I'am getting ready to install,I see in the bag there is a small [star washer type] does this go between the shift lever arm and the double trigger arm for neutral switch? I have a freind that put one on his pickup & he is always adjesting it.I don't know how he did his,he is on vacation..THANK YOU...

I installed mine last year but don't remember where the washer went. I was having a problem adjusting it but a call to Lokar tech support (toll free) at 1-877-469-7440 got me straightened out and I haven't had to readjust it since.

Maybe this will help.

img137.jpg

Jim

Setting the Lokar neutral switch is a little challenging. I had to use a thin (.035) shim washer to move the switch out slightly more than stock, otherwise my T would start in D and R (and N). The little aluminum nubbin they give you to set the position doesn't help with setting the depth. If the switch is screwed in too far, it is still slightly engaged on the shoulder of the neutral boss (or whatever it's called) when in D and/or R and doesn't break the starting circuit. Probably clear as mud unless you're looking at the guts of the shifter. Maybe I'll fire up AutoCAD later and make a little drawing.

My Lokar(s) ... had a total of three ... all worked out of the box with no adjustments needed.

I got around to putting my Lokar BL1400U [neutral switch] on my ''t''. I had a question about a washer that came with the kit. I called tech support & got a guy that didn't know squat about it.Called back later & got A guy that was real good, ans.all my questions. I set it up so it will only start in park.I never start it in neutral. Works good. Should have put it on years ago.

I got around to putting my Lokar BL1400U [neutral switch] on my ''t''. I had a question about a washer that came with the kit. I called tech support & got a guy that didn't know squat about it.Called back later & got A guy that was real good, ans.all my questions. I set it up so it will only start in park.I never start it in neutral. Works good. Should have put it on years ago.
I myself once had mine where it only started in Park, well while in traffic once, I stalled the engine, if I could have restarted it while still rolling in Neutral, it would have been a blessing, but having to come to a complete stop before starting, I changed it the moment I got back to the shop, now starts in both P & N... that is my take on this... :) drive safe

Next time I get under there, I will make it so it will start in neutral & park. I guess I never thought about starting it up while driving it....Sounds like a good idea..THANKs

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back