Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Neutral Safety switch is reversed

Swatman, does your switch have these stud terminals:
P1030216.JPG

...or these push-on (turret) terminals:
P1030217.JPG

..or screw or blade terminals? I'm figuring out what American Shifter sent you.

This switch is made by Pollack, and the stud terminals are the ones you should have.

Last edited:
Sorry PotvinGuy, I've been out of pocket for the past few weeks, and just saw your question. My switch doesn't look like either of the ones you posted. It actually has spade connectors on the back.

Lol. I agree on both points. I've had no luck whatsoever getting them to admit error though. I'm just gonna order a replacement switch and hope for the best.

I installed a Lokar in the first car I put together and had the same problem and after tinkering with it for a while found that the bracket the switch is mounted in will slide so the ball detent can be adjusted to the right location

On a good (or bad depending upon your point of view) note, I ordered a new switch from Americal Shifter. Pulled the old switch out of the shifter, put the new one in, and everything worked exactly as it should. Oddly enough, they still refuse to acknowledge that the original switch was not working properly, so I had to pay for it twice, but at least its working. During my conversations with them, they confirmed that their switches are normally open switches, and my original switch was normally closed. But again, they claim it to be my problem..not theirs. I don't love the customer service, but the shifter is nice and now that everything works as it should, I'm pretty happy with the product. At least this problem is over. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back