Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Intake scoops vs traditional air cleaners

MMC757

What are some of your thoughts about using intake scoops vs just a traditional oval air cleaner with a decorative cover on a naturally aspirated motor?

Assume the scoop is mounted on top of some sort of filter so no functional difference, I'm purely looking for aesthetic opinions.

I would post photos but I cant yet, so if anyone has photos of scoop or air cleaner setups you like a lot I would love to see them.

Here's my setup, which I like, but there's no accounting for taste, eh? Also, a link to a slide show from the NTBA Nationals in Indianapolis from 2016. You can see lots of variation in the scoop/air cleaner choices.

Velocity .jpg

Thanks Spanky. Looks like a pretty even split at that event. I guess maybe I'll have to build both and pick one LOL

Those are pretty slick

Here's what I did once upon a time. There's an oval filter inside. A bugcatcher scoop painted car color. Replaced the butterflies with the grillwork to match other parts of car.
t1.jpg

PotvinGuy - Does that bug catcher use an off the shelf air cleaner or do you custom make them like I do? If it is off the shelf, would you please list the part number.

Thanks,

PotvinGuy - Does that bug catcher use an off the shelf air cleaner or do you custom make them like I do? If it is off the shelf, would you please list the part number.
It's a Fram CA3621. Rockauto has it for $31. Sorry it took so long to respond, for some reason I'm not getting notices of postings on watched threads.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back