Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Is Anyone Using LED Headlights ??

I suspected that since the back side is plastic. I guess it's going to have the same problem
as all modern cars today with oxidation, might need to apply a clear coat for protection.
I'm surprised nobody called me out on this one !!! :)

Upon further research, most are made of aluminum for heat dissipation.

I see where Space Coast Rodder has a lens made of glass. SPR, can you post a link to your LED headlights???

The lens in my two Jeeps are 6 and 8 years old, and still look like new. Maybe someone learned how to make better and with UV protection.

I'm surprised nobody called me out on this one !!! :)

Upon further research, most are made of aluminum for heat dissipation.

I see where Space Coast Rodder has a lens made of glass. SPR, can you post a link to your LED headlights???

It won't let me post a link but if you search United Pacific 31379 7" Crystal Headlight you will see plenty of places that sell them..

Indy do you want the change your ur headlights? I have a pair of original fluted flat glass t model lights if you want them.

Indy I looked yesterday and yes the lens are glass and the back is Aluminum. I did not think I had to have all this info or I would have paid a little closer attention......I have a pair on the shelve for the "C"edan I will shoot a photo of them this morning.....Stand by...…...

a headlights 001.jpg
Here you go this is the info on my headlights...…...I looked again and I think the lens are plastic with the back Alum.

Indy do you want the change your ur headlights? I have a pair of original fluted flat glass t model lights if you want them.

Now you're talking.... although every other light on the T is LED.

xmas 08 (38) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC) (Copy).JPG

R lights getting there (10) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

It won't let me post a link but if you search United Pacific 31379 7" Crystal Headlight you will see plenty of places that sell them.
These headlights use LED's for the halo and Halogen for the headlight bulb. If I change, I'm thinking of going all LED.

https://www.amazon.com/United-Pacific-31379-Headlight/dp/B006MTBMPK
  • 7" Crystal Headlight with 34 Auxiliary LED ; 34 White LED with Clear Lens
  • Reinforced Multi-Surfaced ; Aluminum Reflector, Anti-Vibration Design
  • Halogen Bulb: HB2/9003 12V 65/55W, Replaces H6017/H6024
  • HB2/9003 Headlight Meets DOT/SAE Standards ; LED Portion for Auxiliary/Utility Purposes
  • 1 Year Warranty

Thanks, but not sure that would work with LED's behind the glass lens. Seems it would scatter the light.

Here you go this is the info on my headlights...…...I looked again and I think the lens are plastic with the back Alum.
Thanks ! Yea I would have been surprised if a LED headlight came with a glass lens.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back