Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just two questions

Johnny

How many of you run a third brake light?

Which side of the firewall do you run your wire harness?

Thanks, Guys

I ran my wiring down both sides of the frame ... inside the frame so there are no wires showing except where they exit the frame to the various components. Used trailer connectors in the rear just behind the kick up so I can unplug quickly and pull the body off.

I am not running a third brake light and there are NO wires on the outside of my firewall.

Jim

Well, I don't think I will run a third brake light either. Jim, did you run your wires out the floor?
Good idea about the connectors. Make it a lot easier to remove body for sure.

Thanks for the info, guys

I have a 3rd light in the bed cover. No wires on the outside of the firewall, lots on the inside.

101_0382-2.jpg

Mike

Well, I don't think I will run a third brake light either. Jim, did you run your wires out the floor?
Good idea about the connectors. Make it a lot easier to remove body for sure.

Thanks for the info, guys

Yes, I ran the wires out the floor.

Jim

Weatherpak makes a 22 pin bulkhead weatherproof automotive connector. It would make a nice clean connector to unhook the body from the frame.

No 3rd brake light and I ran my wires through the floor on the passenger side and drivers side. I also use quick disconnects. You'll thank yourself, when it's time to remove the body or fix a short.

Here a Hi Stop lite is compulsory. With LED's the electrical load is negligible and so no reason not to light up the rear end with the brakes on, especially since it might prevent being rear ended. I like to hide all wiring, usually if its hidden its protected as well.

I have a third brake light mounted in the trailer hitch.

Hope the image posts -

575192_3520895259291_27444939_n.jpg

A third brake light in the license plate holder is another option. Easy to tap into the brake wiring.

Weatherpak makes a 22 pin bulkhead weatherproof automotive connector. It would make a nice clean connector to unhook the body from the frame.
Do you have a part number for that plug/connector?
Thanks
Terry

Do you have a part number for that plug/connector?
Thanks
Terry

Here's where I got mine.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/weather-pack-22-position-bulkhead-connector-kit-p-364.html

But you can order the parts from mousers too

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...2bvTi046cN6zwKzpqUpIrjBrvhELxFvTDVYVeVVQZAW0=

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=FZaxw6ZOmKsZRYSKlYSrriJUo4Qr9HrrnFW9kObqvO4=

Then order the correct size seals and connectors for the wire gauge your wanting...

Mike Thank's
Terry

I use LED bolt lights in my liscense plate as additional lights....if they don't see my led's, they'll see my tail lights. If they don't see them, they'll see that monster tach on my cowl. If that don't catch their eye, I'm gettin' on the 'go' pedal.... problem solved.

Received my 22-pin bulkhead connector the other day. I like it. Thanks for the tip. I'd been thinking about how I was going to do the body-to-frame wiring.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back