Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

lots of questions

Ron,
I bought a Spirit body.I didn't know what it was when I bought it (used). Later I found out about Spirit and visited their shop at Mountain Home, Arkansas when at the T-Bucket Nationals one year. It is a good quality body. I decided to make an opening door on the right side. It turnout out pretty good. I framed it it with plywood and glassed it all in, then cut the door and plywood at the same time. If I was to do it over again I would frame it with steel tubing. The wood tends to expand some with weather. Live and learn. I still like it though. Now I am doing wiring and it is nice to open the door and lay down to do it, instead of being all waded up in ball.
Good luck on your project.
Tex-T

i like to have the door lap the body. i use kitchen cabinet door pads to keep the paint from rubbing off. they also keep a little tension on the latch. maybe todd could put up a pic of his '27 doors??

Ron

Youngster said:
i like to have the door lap the body. i use kitchen cabinet door pads to keep the paint from rubbing off. they also keep a little tension on the latch. maybe todd could put up a pic of his '27 doors??

Ron
I'll have to do that. I need to reorganize the storage shed to get more parts for this build in it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back