Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Low Budget Roadster Build-up

I tried to post a reply earlier tonight but it has not appeared. Hope I don't wind up double posting.
Anyway, I can't find a friend with a working scanner. My printer is acting up, so I am in the market for a new all-in-one printer, scanner, copier and maybe fax. This is at my daughter's suggestion, she has one and loves it. Only problem is her model is no longer being made. Does anyone have any suggestions as to make and model that they like? As soon as I get one I will be able to get the articles scanned.
Ron A. (Too many Ron's on the board :laff:, not! I don't post that much, but I am going to start using my first name and last initial so I don't confuse myself :).)

sorry guys...i kinda dropped the ball on this one. the pic that rex posted is the one i was talking about. tried to scan it but didn't work cuz of the binding on the mag. they do come up on e-bay everyonce in a while and i've seen them at swaps for $5. very good series.

Ron

Thanks Steve for sending me the article. Does anyone on here have a T built from a Speedway Kit? Don't seem to see any. Any one know why?

KAA said:
Thanks Steve for sending me the article. Does anyone on here have a T built from a Speedway Kit? Don't seem to see any. Any one know why?

Mine was a Speedway. The article was my inspiration for the build. I used a lot of the same parts and most of the techniques they showed in the article including changing out the front cross member like they did. I have a few pictures of it posted in my gallery.

Hey Steve where did you buy/get that front fender on your car?

KAA said:
wHAT do you think about there kit? Pro and con.

It was probably more difficult to build than some of the newer kits. Speedway didn't make a floor or an interior insert but having built one I would build the same car again. I learned from the experience and I know what I would do the same and what I would do differently. I think the newer kits with floors and inserts take away some of your creativity. I would rather build it my way than their way.

Rick said:
Hey Steve where did you buy/get that front fender on your car?

That's a Texas Bikini Team fender, circa 2000. I could have gotten one for the other fender but, although it would have been very similar, it wouldn't have been a perfect match so I just went with the one.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back