Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Low top

rooster57

I have ma n pas top diagrams and i like it a lot. I may try to make a shorter version . Do any of you guys have any top designs. I would be interrested in latches and hardware ideas by Mr Gab if he has any. Most of the tops are fixed. I want to make one thats low and i want to have a quick latch so when i want to get out i could just release it raise it up and out i go . Then when im back in just pull it back down and latch and go.

rooster57 said:
I have ma n pas top diagrams and i like it a lot. I may try to make a shorter version . Do any of you guys have any top designs. I would be interrested in latches and hardware ideas by Mr Gab if he has any. Most of the tops are fixed. I want to make one thats low and i want to have a quick latch so when i want to get out i could just release it raise it up and out i go . Then when im back in just pull it back down and latch and go.
Cal Jim at Wintec(1-103-294-1339)He worked at Total and now manufactures alot of universal stuff he might be able to help you as Totals hard top for the Buckets was hinged in the back and flipped up to get in or out,

make sure the top can be locked closed and cannot pop open when on the road. Had a buddy that had his top hinged at the rear to help getting in and out. One day he was out driving down the road and the top popped up. He reached out and grabbed it just in time, but it also yanked just about every muscle in his arm and he was in major pain for several days.

He ended up locking it permanently closed and got in and out like a nascar stock car.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back