Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

LumenAl is the man....

LRS30

All I can say is I am glad to have come across this site.. From the first time talking with tfeverfred and him telling me about this site to Don for all his insight, to YOUNGSTER for taking time to help me out with stupid questions to LumenAl for given me a sweet deal on a front-end that will make my project come to life faster than I thought...I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help, recovering from my last back surgery (my forth, a 2 level spinal fusion) has put me in a real bind building and keeping my current projects and toy's. But with all the know how around here it will really save me money in the long run by not making huge mistakes.. So thanks to all you guys....

backscrews1.jpg

backscrews.jpg

You're welcome and thanks for the kind words. I too know what's like to have the will to do something and not the means. That's why I try to help when I can. This site, the NTBA and the HAMB, have shown me that there really are good people out there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the kindness of the hot rodders I have met is damn close to the brotherhood I had with my fellow shipmates in the Navy. I NEVER thought I'd find that again.

So, I wish you well FRIEND and get her done, baby!:D

You know... if I wrote anything here, it would be the same things Fred wrote. We are all here for you just as I would be willing to bet you are here for us.

Ron

Fred put that well, its like family here. Everyone is always ready to help out.

Yhea its put a damper on things for me its been a battle ever since I got hurt in 92, starting over several times suck's... I'm hoping this T will give me the fix i'm looking for since I have had to sell my bikes....I have managed to keep my 54(thank god!).. It takes me a while to build a car this way so this front-end really gave my project a boost in the right direction...Thank's again...
Here are some of my toy's I had to part with...Sucks but you gotta feed the family, since the government seems to only wanna help crackheads(in my area may be different else where) I have had no other choice but to sell...Enough of that..lol
025_22A.jpg

my 68 Iron Head was a stocker when I bought it....

374055869_m1.jpg

Started as my wifes 2002 883, sold it to my brother then we put it under the knife..36 Knuck springer, 180 series rear tire, streched the swing arm,bars struts and fender, ton's of black powdercoating

IMG_3040.jpg

my 2001 Standard, 1550 Kieth Black Piston's S&S CAMS KIBBLE WHITE VALVES/SPRINGS/KEEPERS Internal throttle suicide shift ...FAST FAST FAST!

IMG_3042.jpg

10-12-2005-096.jpg

1948 Chevrolet truck (I got in trade for a 29 Ford 2 door sedan that had been burnt to a crisp) I sold this to live thru the winter of 04/05 during surgery #3..lol But I did get the 54 whith what was left after I got back on my feet that time...Man what a jacked up ramble I am posting here...lol Thanks Guys..

pumpkin07160.jpg

and last but not least my 54...Good thing the wife likes this one or it would have been gone too...Thank's Honey!

No I got it from Pat (sorry Pat Kennedy), Thank's bikes are my passion. I had my own shop for a while also tuned on Mason Ohio's Aces and Eights Harley DAvidson Drag tem for a season, we ran Pro-Fuel(NITRO) and Pro-GAs, and a Screaming Eagle bike as well., I'm interested in the other pieces as well do you have any pic's, you can send me? Really interested in the spring...

LRS30 said:
...Really interested in the spring...

Pat Kennedy does some really outstanding work... low key guy when it comes to media attention...

anyway, here is the spring I have... never installed, did cut off the spring clamps as I was going to plate it at one time and use SS clamps...

910-43102.F_L.jpg

Specs: 39" eye-to-eye, 5 tapered leaves, 2-1/4" wide.

Thanks for sharing the pics of your bikes and truck. I'm sorry you had to part with them.:sad: I don't know how, but maybe this darn economy will pick up. Seems like the good people are the ones suffering.

Looks like you have a real nice eye for detail and fabbing. I know your T will be great when you get her done. Stick with it man. Remember, it's not a race to finish and the journey is half the fun. Well, that's what I tell myself, until the next part shows up!:D I'm glad LumenAl is hooking you up. He's good people.

tfeverfred said:
Thanks for sharing the pics of your bikes and truck. I'm sorry you had to part with them.:sad: I don't know how, but maybe this darn economy will pick up. Seems like the good people are the ones suffering.

Looks like you have a real nice eye for detail and fabbing. I know your T will be great when you get her done. Stick with it man. Remember, it's not a race to finish and the journey is half the fun. Well, that's what I tell myself, until the next part shows up!:lol: I'm glad LumenAl is hooking you up. He's good people.

The first time i had to start over was rough but you pick and choice your purchase's wisely and I have been lucky.. Thank God for good insurance my works for a major global company., I just got my summary from this last year and I hit the $190,000 mark. Yhea I grew up in a car family, dad had his own Corvette restoration business for years, so working side by side with him for years was good training. I do all my own engine,welding and paint work, I save the interior and wiring for people with more patience than me..I'm moving all my pieces to my house tommorow to get started on it, I finished up a 64 Falcon Gasser (my part was hanging the front end)and shipped it out last week so I'm ready..

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

Its a group project with a bunch of guys I hang around with.. I donated the front end so I got to hang it..lol But its a deal where we all pitching and help each other out..Kinda like on here from what I'm starting to see....

Man, I'm diggin' the gasser! There's no school like the old drag school. I remember when that look came back in the late 70's. It was awesome. Good to see and hear you have a cool group of guys to hang with. You're buckets going to be fine. I'm glad things are working out for you. You'll be cruisin' in no time, thanks to your cool attitude.

LRS30, those are some sweet looking bikes and cars. I got a soft spot fot the 48 to 53 Chevy PU body style. That gasser is the bomb.

VegasBruce said:
LRS30, those are some sweet looking bikes and cars. I got a soft spot fot the 48 to 53 Chevy PU body style. That gasser is the bomb.

Thanks guys, I have pics of some more bikes and cars..I've done both, bikes take up less room thats for sure...I'm really looking forward to building this T, I plan on doing it Modified Style/Race Inspired (plans always change), gathering parts as been a ton of fun so far. I'm looking for a Schroeder Steering gear and a Q/C center section, this is going to be where my real expense comes in but I have been building this car in my heads for years, so if it takes me a little cash(which is little..lol) and lot of time then so be it I still have the 54 to cruise in this year..

tfeverfred said:
Man, I'm diggin' the gasser! There's no school like the old drag school. I remember when that look came back in the late 70's. It was awesome. Good to see and hear you have a cool group of guys to hang with. You're buckets going to be fine. I'm glad things are working out for you. You'll be cruisin' in no time, thanks to your cool attitude.

Yhea the gasser is gonna be fun, I had a buddy cleaning his garage and I picked up 2 of those front-ends late 30 mopar pieces, perfect fit.. The Gasser was found for $250 Solid as a ROCK still need wiendshield and side trim. Were planning on a 460 FORD boat anchor(my vote was for a screaming sbc) but the motor was a gimmie, with a trans as well so guess what a 460 it is...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back