Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Made it okay.

tfeverfred

Looks like I was lucky, as far as home and personal damage go. I lost power for a day, but my sister was not so lucky. Many parts of Houston are still without power and water. I'm sure all of you have seen the video and news on television. Thi s storm was a whopper! Needless to say, my mind is not on my T bucket.

I don't have internet at home, so I am having to use it at work. I'll try and check the site later today.

Glad to hear everthing is okay. In some of those areas I wonder how many people will rebuild?

What part of Houston do you live in? I have ex in-laws living up north near West Mt Houston Road and I think I still know some people in Pasadena. I'm just wondering which side of town got hit the hardest. I saw a lot of coverage in Clear Lake, Kemah and Seabrook so I'm guessing the ship channel area got hit pretty hard.

Glad to hear you're still with us.

Ron

Relieved to hear you made it through Fred and am sorry about your sister's property.

Any thing we can do?

Godspeed!
Jim

I just sat down to call you again turned on the puter and boom there you are.Welcome back and thank god you and yours are ok.Did you get my first call? I left a message.Oh well glad you made it

der Spieler said:
What part of Houston do you live in? I have ex in-laws living up north near West Mt Houston Road and I think I still know some people in Pasadena. I'm just wondering which side of town got hit the hardest. I saw a lot of coverage in Clear Lake, Kemah and Seabrook so I'm guessing the ship channel area got hit pretty hard.

I'm in the Medical Center area. Other than no power in a lot of spots and some street flooding the next day, Houston did well. Power is back on for about 1/3 of the people who lost it, but it could be weeks for some folks. All in all, everyone is pitching in and helping eachother. Unlike New Orleans, we didn't have to deal with the whole city being flooded, but things could have been a lot worse.

Just after the eye of the storm made land fall, it turned notheast. This put Houston on the edge of the "clean" side. Good, but not out of danger, the winds were horrific. I lost power about 9PM. Tried to sleep through it, but every few minutes, I could hear wood snap and something hitting my house or one close by. They say tornadoes sound like trains, if they are louder than what I heard, I have new respect for those that have been in one. This baby was freaking LOUD!

I'm going to try and stick around after work to use the internet, but can't be sure. We're back logged and I'm usually tired when I get off work. I have a lot of things on my mind and coming to this site kinda eases the stress. I wish I could do it from home, but considering what others are going through, I'm very lucky.

Check with you guys later.

tfeverfred said:
All in all, everyone is pitching in and helping eachother. Unlike New Orleans, we didn't have to deal with the whole city being flooded, but things could have been a lot worse.

It sounds like unlike New Orleans people in Houston are not sitting around waiting for someone to do it for them and are getting off of their asses and doing what needs to get done. Glad you got through it okay. Like I wrote in another post, I had been on the edge of a couple big storms when I lived in Pasadena and that was enough to me. I'm going to phone some friends in Troup tonight and see what they got for damage up in east Texas.

Hey Fred, if you get a chance...

Craig (from Chrome Insurance) is looking for you.

"Hold on, what's going on with the insurance and your agent?

Send me details on what is going on and your policy number so I can find out waht;s happening. This should not be any big dealif the Police officer was at fault. We fix your car and then go after the city for reimbursement.

Sorry, Didnt giv my info.

800-227-2833 or call my cell phone 417-827-0098 preferrably during work hours.

e-mail carbuff@anpac.com

The reason I'm confused, is that you say you talked to a Formost agent. CHROME is only written by American National agents and so I'n not really sure if you have CHROME insurance or not.

Secondly if an agent made a mistake on your application there may be recourse on that mistake on the agents Errors and Omissions coverage.

Again, not knowing the situation I can't answer your questions.

However, I will take your questions here on the message board so that everyone can see my response. Seems everyone is interested in how CHROME handles claims here."

Glad you made it through ok Fred. :)

T-Odd said:
Hey Fred, if you get a chance...

Craig (from Chrome Insurance) is looking for you.

"Hold on, what's going on with the insurance and your agent?

Send me details on what is going on and your policy number so I can find out waht;s happening. This should not be any big dealif the Police officer was at fault. We fix your car and then go after the city for reimbursement.

Sorry, Didnt giv my info.

800-227-2833 or call my cell phone 417-827-0098 preferrably during work hours.

e-mail carbuff@anpac.com

The reason I'm confused, is that you say you talked to a Formost agent. CHROME is only written by American National agents and so I'n not really sure if you have CHROME insurance or not.

Secondly if an agent made a mistake on your application there may be recourse on that mistake on the agents Errors and Omissions coverage.

Again, not knowing the situation I can't answer your questions.

However, I will take your questions here on the message board so that everyone can see my response. Seems everyone is interested in how CHROME handles claims here."

T-Odd, thank you so very much. I just got home and my internet was up! Then I read this. I called Mr. Mead and explained what is happening with my situation. He is going to look into it. For some reason, I have a good feeling about this. It may not help me, but it will help others. I'll keep everyone posted.

Latest update

I got a call from Mr. Meads this morning and it seems that there are some strange goings on my agents end. I don't really want to go into it yet and will do so when it is appropriate. Mr. Meads is looking into it and while I don't know how this will end, I can say that he sounds like someone who really does care. My situation is a strange one and some of the blame can be placed on me, but my agent gets the rest.

I just hope this ends well for all involved.

Good luck Fred, I sure hope Mr. Meads can help you. You are one of the good guys and I sincerely this works out in your favor and makes you whole again. I will be watching to see how it turns out. I have a feeling you now have some good help on your side.

tbucketlar said:
Fred, I have been working late & haven't got to UPS store yet. I will asap. Lar:)

No worries, man.

butch27 said:
Fred: Me and Thomas are pulling for you Man.

I'll be okay. It's a slow process, but that will give me time to plan ways to do things better. Trying to see the bright side is getting easier.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back