Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Man fuel pump

rooster57

I was looking at Satoris new crate motor that is center bolt like mine. but his is a newer block and heads it looks like the heads are Vortek. Any ne ways . my motor was originaly throttle body .He is running the man fuel pump ,mine has the block off plate i wonder if i can run a man pump if i wanted to. (not so noisey). My original block was cracked so the engine builder sold me a block i looked the numbers up and it seems to be a 89-94 305.:lol::D:D

What's your carb set up? Manual pump will work, just make sure you get the pressure you need. Most likely 5 to 6 psi.

I have a 600 Edelbrock and run it at 6 psi. OEM Fuel pump. She runs good. What's your setup?

I guess because my old block had a plate but no place for the pushrod to operate the pump from the cam in other words no hole for the pushrod. I just assumed this block was the same. Then I saw Satori's block i prefer a man pump. I will remove the plate but i know for sure the pushrod is NOT there i put the cover on myself. I wonder where i can get a pushrod maybe a local engine builder.

Fred i got rid of the TBI and the painless harness and added a manifold and a eldelbrock 600.

rooster57 said:
I guess because my old block had a plate but no place for the pushrod to operate the pump from the cam in other words no hole for the pushrod. I just assumed this block was the same. Then I saw Satori's block i prefer a man pump. I will remove the plate but i know for sure the pushrod is NOT there i put the cover on myself. I wonder where i can get a pushrod maybe a local engine builder.

If you didn't build the engine make sure the cam for the pump was installed it push's the push rod on my cars i leave it off as i like the electrics better.

On a small block the cam should be on the cam. It may not have the push rod in it, they get removed most of the time when it has been blocked off.

Sorry i have a 1972 351 Windsor Ford and its a stamped cam for the fuel pump.

Yes i think i just need the rod and a pump. If and when i decide to change it .

yes i hadnt thought of that i will check

Keeper said:
I would check your frame clearance first of all. I have seen a few T's where the frame had to be notched to make the manual pump fit.

I haven't tried to fit my engine yet but I will be in the same boat.

Dang, I hope not!

I got the Total Perf. frame and I had the Edelbrock performer pump and I had to swap with an original style because it hit the frame rail

Satori go ahead and send me your pump so i can save you the disappointment of it not workin. Its just the kinda guy i am.

I cant help it its a family trait, goes way back.

I got the fealing just leave well enough alone!!! Satori when i see one of my bros in a trouble i cant help it i have to stepup and help. Actually it wasnt me who wanted your motor . I wouldnt do such a thing (Dovehunter) I was the one who offered to get you more room in the garage by taking that ole Harley but whos counting right!!!!

Ah yes. It's all coming back to me now. I don't know about the Harley but you can have the mini-bike if you notch my frame for my fuel pump.

I had a bad accident on a trail 50 so carma says i better pass on the two wheel beast. Ya know Texas T said he had to go to a stock pump i wonder if GM preformance parts has a chrome stock fuel pump. HUM

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back