Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Man fuel pump

I emailed Josh at Spirit about this. He said they use manual pumps on all of the cars they build and haven't had clearance problems. Good news. BTW, my kit will be here early in the week of May 4th.

That will be a good day new toys are the best. What stage kit did u get is it rolling????

rooster57 said:
That will be a good day new toys are the best. What stage kit did u get is it rolling????

I got the Super kit. With everything I already have, I'll have everything I need. (except wheels and tires)

I was talking to Ma and Pa T and he had a problem with a vibration he couldnt get rid of and it turned out to be his Micky Thompson tires. I have goodyear eagle Gts and Torque thrustII wheels and so far so good.

Spirit frame + SBC + Edelbrock hi-po mechanical pump = about 1/16" clearance :eek:

DSC00078.JPG

rooster57 said:
I was talking to Ma and Pa T and he had a problem with a vibration he couldnt get rid of and it turned out to be his Micky Thompson tires. I have goodyear eagle Gts and Torque thrustII wheels and so far so good.
I also tried a set of those Mickey mouse tires, they get flat spots from sitting, and it takes a much heavier car to get them to go back to ROUND, so they gave me my money back and I am now using the BFGoodrich 33X12.50 R15LT and I have them mounted on 15" wide wheels, no more shaking, and they stick real good :welcome:

Darn Lee thar was a close one. Ted i have heared several guys had that problem. Oh well not me.

Lee_in_KC said:
Spirit frame + SBC + Edelbrock hi-po mechanical pump = about 1/16" clearance :eek:

DSC00078.JPG

Wow, that might be tricky to fit the fuel line fitting in there... Does your fuel line attach at the same point as mine?

fuelpump.jpg

Satori remove the 10 or so screws around the pump base and rotate it where ever your best position is for the fitting.

rooster57 said:
Satori remove the 10 or so screws around the pump base and rotate it where ever your best position is for the fitting.

Oh. Well that sounds simple enough.

rooster57 said:
Yep, that's what I did, but when I re-assembled the pump I inadvertently over-torqued the screws and deformed the housing, so the pump was trash. I decided I didn't like the pump that close to the frame, so I went with an electric pump mounted back by the tank.

Its funny you say that Lee, because the pump I have looked liked before I turned mine, must be a weak cast. Mine was hitting one of the screws against the frame rail.

Well you can either grind a flat spot on the pump, or a small place on the frame, or both if you are determined on running a Man, pump, I like the elict, because if you happen to run out of gas, it fills the carb up fast with the elict. pump, no cranky crank. :hide:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back