Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mock -up shows up a problem

NTBA-ers, who was the Canadian that stretched his bucket and moved the engine forward? I'm kinda brain dead at the moment.

His stretch was in the cowl, and he ran a hood over the engine. It was black with flames, red frame and really looked slick.

Just can't remember his name right now.

Trying to dig up some of his pics....

It was Fitzee, now if someone can find the pics of his completed car - I'm coming up empty

Pic00573.jpg

I'm tellin 'ya. Your car would look GREAT with a hood. The car above has great lines (although it could be 3 to 4 inches shorter in the front end). Throw on a set of well proportioned cycle fenders. Snazzy! For cycle fenders check all the bike parts suppliers for custom bike manufacturers. Learned that from OC Choppers. The big deal would be finding a really clean way to mount them. I know you can do it.

John

Guys I'm a winery worker and we are just getting into this years vintage so I start 6 x 12 hour nights as of this Sunday. I'll see if the local guy can put 3 inches into the door, order a body then we'll have to pick this up again in May.
Thanks for you input so far.
Cheers
Tony

We'll be here when you're ready.

Ron

He did a very clean fob of stretching that body and gaining foot room besides with making it wider also... it needed the extra height at the front of the cowl to make the lines correct, very smooth. :) Like you said, it could be 4 inches shorter in the hood... use a stock fan with the radiator closer...
kiltdance.gif

G'day I'm back.
Been some changes since I was last here. I have turned the chassis around to he conventional position and have after a great deal of dicking around gotten a 36 Chevy half ton pick-up axle and springs that I will be using mount on the side of the chassis rails up front . The little linear rack and pinion set up that was in one of my pics has disappeared out of my shed ... some light fingered bastard ( I reckon I know who but can't prove it) seemed to need it more than me. I also went out and bought a rusty '27 cowl and doors and tried them. I didn't like 'em - felt they I was sticking out the top too much so they're gone. I have a mid '20's Dodge cowl here and it measures up OK next to a mates T body, that is if I was to use the Dodge cow and the fiberglass T body from the T cowl back. This would give me that little bit of extra foot room that I'm really worried about anda heap of extra length. in the body. It would look something like Ex Junks body.
Ex Junk are you out there ? How long is your body from the firewall to the back of the tub section?
Cheers
Tony

Well I'm back (again). More changes. I bought a fibreglass '27 body from e-bay. It is a little taller and a little wider than original but still looks proportionally correct. While not at pretty as the '23 body it should work out fine for my racecar inspired thinking. It has to from Sydney about 1300km's and I should see it next week then it's back to the shed and do a mock up again. Hopefully it will be sweet.
Cheers
Tony

It was Fitzee, now if someone can find the pics of his completed car - I'm coming up empty

Hey guys...
I was looking over the site and happened on to this thread!
Fitzee is one of my best friends and this past July we drove the T from St John's, Newfoundland to Moncton, New Brunswick for the Atlantic Nationals car meet.
What an incredible trip!
We really enjoyed it and it just reinforced the longing I have to build a Modified or bucket of my own!
The car is roomy enough and you sit down low enough to be out of the wind.
We made up a trailer from some old car and pickup pieces...the rear section being from an old Crosley and the rest cut to match. Worked great and just enough room for our stuff and equipment.

Open buckets are the only way to travel!!!

Heres a few additional pics...hopefully! (fingers crossed!)Gismo pic 1.jpgCruise night.jpgcrusin Moncton.jpg010.JPGGismo 2.jpg

HI Tony,

I'm enjoying following your build. I love the track-inspired builds, have owned mine 2+ years. Are you going automatic or manual trans? I can't imagine how you will have enough room for your left foot if manual, my T is left-hand drive and my right-foot accelerator is right up against the trans. Body is stretched and lengthened, engine is 2.3L Ford Pinto. Good luck with your build, here are a few photos of mine:

Bruce

620014632_bgXyL-XL.jpg

620028283_xRNfj-XL.jpg

620031318_PgTW2-XL.jpg

Track T-4, that is one B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L looking T!!!

Jim

Blyndgesser,
Sorry, don't know who made the body,

ExJunk,
Thanks, appreciate the compliment coming from you. Still a work in progress but coming along.

Tony,
Any progress?

Bruce

Blyndgesser,
Sorry, don't know who made the body,

ExJunk,
Thanks, appreciate the compliment coming from you. Still a work in progress but coming along.

Tony,
Any progress?

Bruce

Howdy Bruce
I can't believe it's a year since my first post on this. I'm about to start vintage again so flat out but I've now gotten my basic frame (turned it back around to a more conventional front to rear orientation) worked out using a pair of bobbed off at the rear '29 Willys frame rails and a Model A rear cross member. I have modified my front springs which are parallel '36 Chev laid up along side the frame. I'm using a '36 Chevy axle with a push pull side steer set up and have just finished a Ford disc brake adaption to it using vented Ford discs and calipers from a local Aussie GM product called a Commodore. I've scored a rear end from a '53 Ford Victoria. I have both 15 and 16" Ford steel wheels and so we'll see about that. Also I have a trick grill shell from the 1920's at the repair shop now. It's very narrow so I might have to relocate my radiator along side the engine running front to back (!) but I'm running a bonnet so that will be OK. Still going ahead with my an inline 6 and as I have no foot room it will be using a Borg Warner 3 speed auto. I have a slightly over grown '27 T body that sits 32" at the top of the doors in a mocked up stage.
I have spent a whole heap of time working through what will and won't fit and and how to get around those issues with out spoiling my old race car/lakes modified/ track T hybrid vision and I confident that while I might push a few limits it will end up a great car faithfull to that end. Cheers
Tony

Tony,

Sounds interesting, we'll be watching for updates.

Bruce

Started a new thread in Frames and Chassis for CARS34PHORD's new build.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back