Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

modulator

dustytrails

ok dumb question,whats the modulator on a 2 speed powerglide for? if its for passing gear kick down and i do not have it on my transmission do i still need vacum to it?

My trans guy here in Mich said that if you dont run a vacume line the modulator it wont shift.He said this controls the shift points.Also a bad modulator will suck fluid from the trans big time.Just what i heard.

A bad modulator sure will suck oil out of your tranny, I have first hand experience of that,and it didnt want to shift either...Francis

Per Autozone Tech Info:

0900823d80049f94.jpg

Transmission Modulator (Automatic) Operation:

The transmission modulator determines when the transmission should shift. The modulator matches shift points to the engine load by the practical application of engine vacuum. It controls and regulates pressure for smooth operation in automatic transmission. In the absence of the modulator valve (such as a chrysler torque-flite), the transmission will shift from internal pressure.

I secure mine with 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts just to be safe... :toast:

LumenAl said:
I secure mine with 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts just to be safe... :)

Play nice.:rock:

Did u use red loctite on all 6 or just the two outside ones????

:liar::silenced::liar::silenced::liar::silenced:

rooster57 said:
Did u use red loctite on all 6 or just the two outside ones????

In a genuine effort not to overkill... I used red locktite on just the 4 outer ones... the two in the middle I just used the blue locktite... but when I was done, I realized I had overdone it again as all they nuts were nylocks... :hooray:

All kidding aside, I know I overkilled on the bolts and that's why I'm enjoying the humor of it all... but what motivated me to overkill it wasn't very funny at all...

WreckedT-Bucket.jpg

This is not good! :eek:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back