Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need help with Speedometer

spayne

Hello I am almost done with my first t bucket and I have ran in to a problem. I am trying to wire up my speedometer the transmission has a sensor/sending unit that has two wires on it (blue and grey) can anyone tell me how to wire it to my speedometer. I am using a turbo 350 transmission. The speedometer has only one wire coming from it so I am a little confused can anyone help me? The speedometer is made by Dolphin. I can provide pictures if needed I know how you guys like pictures on this site.

pics of back of speedo and sensor would help

One switched hot wire to sender. One wire from sender to speedo. Dwight

Putz...I will bring in the camera this afternoon and get pics. Keeper....in the instructions for the Dolphin gauges it tells me the green wire is for the speedo sensor there is a black wire on the speedo sensor too and it does go to system ground. So does my green wire from speedo go to blue wire of sender? And if so do I need the grey wire or should I ground it too?

Here is the instructions from Dolphin
1. Red to 12v key on
2. Black to Ground
3. Green to speedo sensor
4. Yellow to light switch
5. Blue to hourmeter - set up
6. Orange to alarm output
7. White to set up & choice switch

Here is the instructions from Dolphin
1. Red to 12v key on
2. Black to Ground and ( GREY sensor wire)
3. Green to speedo sensor ( BLUE wire )
4. Yellow to light switch
5. Blue to hourmeter - set up
6. Orange to alarm output
7. White to set up & choice switch

I added the sensor wire colors to the above. I would also recommend a dedicated ground for the speedo or you could get erroneous readings; like 30mph when not moving.

Chief-T thank you that is what we thought but I wanted it confirmed by some experts before I wired it up.

Chief-T thank you that is what we thought but I wanted it confirmed by some experts before I wired it up.

Wouldn't call myself an expert but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express. LOL I just have the same gauge set.

That's funny and again thank you for the help wired it up last night but it started to rain before I could test it so hopefully I will get it calibrated this weekend.

That's funny and again thank you for the help wired it up last night but it started to rain before I could test it so hopefully I will get it calibrated this weekend.

I lucked out on mine. It was within 1 mph of perfect right out of the box so I just let it be.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back