Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Need some help. Button tufting pics needed

Humidi-T

Can't decide what pattern to use for buttons. Please post pics of buckets with button tufting (where you can see the button tufts) thansk all.

Glad to offer some input, HumidiT. I liked your body stretch info.

Bruce Pet-T from WI did a nice job on his.
BrucedPetTinterior.jpg

Here are some more I like.
100_1145.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

steer2.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

HPIM1509.JPG

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!

Humidi-T said:
Can't decide what pattern to use for buttons. Please post pics of buckets with button tufting (where you can see the button tufts) thansk all.

Here's what mine looks like

button tufting as i understand it is when squares or diamonds are sewn into the material and buttons are used at the corners.

there is also button tucking. this is what was used on the t's from the factory. this is done by laying out the size of diamond on your foam and a larger size diamond on the cover fabric. holes are punches in the foam and the buttons pull the fabric down into the holes. a wrinkle forms when the next button is installed. this is tucked so it looks like a seam. you start in the middle and work you way toward the edges. when doing the edges you simply fold the wrinkle and run it over the edge of your panel. there is no sewing to this kind of interior. if you want a solid roll around the top and the front edge of the seat, then make up the panels and have flat material sewn along the edges with a strip of beading between them for a stronger seam.

if you look at the pics above the first one (black interior) is a complete tuck job, no sewing. the 3rd pic is a tufting job (sewn seams). the 4th one is a combo, tucked in the middle and tufted or sewn around the edges.

Ron

I can attest to the quality of work on Brucie's car... it was the first bucket I ever rode in (with the little Jeep seat - that happens to be in my garage right now!) and then a year later in his improved interior.

VERY nice.

He sure did one heck of a good job on it.

I need to call him again.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back