Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New bucket builder

I would think of it was out 180°, I think it wouldn’t even run. You might still get fire in your face! T Test, you described it perfectly for a small block Chevy. Other engines, I’m not sure.

I've heard some people say that it takes some time. Supposed to just turn on after 10 posts. Who knows.
I am also in the Houston Area. Maybe I'll see you around some time.

I would think of it was out 180°, I think it wouldn’t even run. You might still get fire in your face! T Test, you described it perfectly for a small block Chevy. Other engines, I’m not sure.
You are correct, 180* out will backfire through the carb and not run.

RPM, if you turn the crank one full turn won't that bring it back to exactly where it is right now?
Guy, if you are that far out of time with the cam and crank, how does it run so well?
I'm confused!!!
The gear ratio of the cam to crank is 2-1... One turn of the crank is only half a turn on the cam. Why Chevrolet did that I will never know.

RPM, you're correct. 1 turn of the crank equals 1/2 turn of the cam. A 4-stroke engine needs the 2:1 ratio. Intake, compression, power and exhaust. If we drove cars with 2-stroke engines, we could have a 1:1 crank to cam ratio! Every rotation of the 2-stroke crank is a power stroke. We all know that stuff anyway.

Welcome from Stockton , California, .I upload the pictures from my camera through a u.s.b port into the file on my desktop. I then upload ( after sizing my photos ) to my thread. Hope this helps.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back