Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

new from minnesota

georgedombeck

Hey guys, George from minnesota. I just bought one of the Paynesville buckets. I will pick it up later this week. I would like to build my bucket where I would sit really low inside of it. I am also thinking of doing a long pickup box, 4'-5' or so. Has anyone grafted on a 27 tail to a bucket body? this is another way I would consider going. thanks, george

Hey George hiya!! I'm from owatonna. Glad to see ya here. You've come to the right place to ask questions. Lots of knowledge here and great guys that don't mind sharing ideas. If you're someplace close we could get together to do some bench rodding.

Ron

Welcome George. I'm in Mankato. If you need some help Ron is the guy. He built my frame for me and it is a work of art. He's been doing this for a long time and has run into most everything.
Good luck with the build!!

Ron I forgot how long ago did you get your name Youngster?LOL

My last name is Young, the guys I build chassis for started calling them "Youngsters" when Boyd came out with his "Boydster". Just kinda stuck with me.

Ron

Hello George and a very warm Welcome to a great site for T Bucket fans... I grew up in Wayzata, till the 10th grade, then off to Calif. with my family... I am now retired and my body is giving me pains in the knee, but I have missed a few years lately as far as different builders out there, what is a Paynesville bucket ?? I still have my T Bucket, just now needing either a door or cut down the passenger side for easy entry... Good luck with your build and have fun cruisin.. :D

Paynesville bucket are the buckets that where sold by Mas now on Ebay for 225.

Wayzata!! I grew up in Wayzata. We lived accross the street from the Widsten school. We also had an Ice business in our garage. george dombeck

I know this may be against the spirit of T-bucket building , but I am welding my own frame (I am a professional welder) and using a S10 front suspension/steering box. I want mine low and am using a long pick up box. g

georgedombeck said:
I know this may be against the spirit of T-bucket building , but I am welding my own frame (I am a professional welder) and using a S10 front suspension/steering box. I want mine low and am using a long pick up box. g

Ain't no such thing as going against the spirit of T-bucket building... there are a lot of styling points often found in t-buckets especially in the front ends typically being suicide perch and solid axles but I've also seen several other approaches including Mustang II front ends so don't let that bother ya any... build your vision and make sure you take a lot of pics during the construction for us!

oh yea... :D

georgedombeck said:
Wayzata!! I grew up in Wayzata. We lived accross the street from the Widsten school. We also had an Ice business in our garage. george dombeck
George, I sure wish I could remember names, faces I am much better with,, The only names I remember at the moment is a little nice guy I knew back then in school, his name was Teddy Corns and Herb Golden, moved there from Chi town, and don't know really how to spell His last name (Korns or Corns??) .. hehe Those were great Days...

Welcome George. :D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back