Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

new guy

snowtires

glad to see there is a forum out there for this, i have started the car but it is a ways from being completed. design is for a track roadster finish on it with a chev v6 - 5speed turning through a Datsun 510 independant diff.

We have to run fenders up here so it may end up looking a little strange in the end

Welcome to the Forum !! There are a few states down here that require fenders also, so you are not alone in that respect, Austrailia also. If you check out some of the posts and pictures you may get some good ideas...
"BH"

History:​
Cr. Register, February, 1996, No. 482, eff. 3−1−96.

Trans 305.22 Fenders and projecting parts.
(1)​
Every motor vehicle originally manufactured after January 1,
1950, every homemade vehicle registered after January 1, 1975,
and every vehicle registered as a reconstructed vehicle after
March 1, 1996 shall be equipped with adequate fenders covering
the front and rear tires to prevent splashing of water and throwing
of gravel, stones or other objects.

(2)​
All fenders shall be free of severely rusted or damaged
material which may cause injury or cause the fenders to be ineffective.
All required fenders shall be of sufficient width and length
to cover the tire tread from 15 to the front to 60 to the rear when

measured at the center of the axle, to the top of the tire, on a vertical plane

Here is Wisconsins Law
Mine is a reconstruction in 1990(no Fenders)

Welcome to the forum Snowtires! For you southern boys, you'll be calling him Mudtires.LOL Some one gonna ask you about pictures, Be prepared. Your description of your T sound very interesting.

Ron

snowtires said:
...We have to run fenders up here so it may end up looking a little strange in the end...

Well first things first...

:cry:

The cool thing about having to run fenders is an opportunity to do something very different than what you see done all the time... I kicked around some different ideas and concepts but never did build them as I don't have to run them... but you never know what you'll come up with! Look forward to seeing your build progress... ask lots of questions even if you know the answer... gives us something to talk about! :rofl:

Snow, whats that? Oh, welcome :cry:

Welcome to the site! I look forward to seeing how your track T comes out and going with a V6 is going to be cool to check out too.

Snowtires? When it gets warm, don't they melt? I'm confused.:confused:

I live in snow country in the summer we can still go outside and not burst into flames. You can always put more clothes on for cold but can't take enough off for hot.Currently 68 degrees good sleeping weather without air.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back