Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New in the NE

MMC757

Hello,

Just beginning to learn and start planning for a bucket in the next couple of years.
I'm here to lurk for now and keep an eye out for great deals, ideas, and knowledge.

Currently located in Connecticut but I move around a lot, mostly in the Northeast.

My build will be...unconventional. I've never been a slave to "That's just the way its done" mentalities and firmly believe a rod build should be a reflection of the builder.

I’m with you with off the beaten path as far bucket design goes. Check out my build.
That's a cool build for sure! I'll bet it gets lots of attention around the neighborhood!

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest Coast. There is a lot of ideas here and a lot of helpful people welcome aboard..:cool:

Welcome to the clan from Yukon (OKC) Oklahoma !

Thanks Indy and Chop...I crossed OK twice on I40 in the last couple of years and saw...well, you know...nothing LOL.
I did get pulled over by an OK state cop on a fishing expedition on one of those trips, that was pretty great. I was driving an out of state motorhome so I think he was hoping I was a drug mule or something.

Downloaded Chesters book today. I guess that's technically my first official T-bucket expenditure. I already have a lot of parts that I intend to use but they weren't procured for this purpose.

You're living the dream! I built my car 1,000 times in my head before it came to reality. Made a few compromises along the way, but essentially it's my vision of what I wanted a T-bucket to be. Enjoy the journey, and keep us supplied with questions and pictures!!!

1 a.jpg H.jpg

Gawd, I hate those unforeseen compromises, /They come out of thin air and POOF you hammered. hahaha

Just ordered this one:
s-l500.jpg

I wont officially list this book as a bucket expense on the old tracker as I consider it more of a tool, but I really need to raise my suspension level of knowledge before I commit to which direction I want to go.

Just keep in mind, that some of the old ways of doing things have stood the test of time, and continue to be done the same way because they work.

Yes, sir, that is a valuable thing to hammer into the brain. Every wheel doesn't need to be re-invented. I have the luxury right now of trying to figure out my "perfect world" build on paper then tailoring it to the real world afterward.

One of my childhood neighbors posted this photo on facebook. This was around 78 or 79, Me with my sister and two neighbor girls. I don't know who's T this was, or have any memory of it, but I was clearly having a good time.
first t.jpg

I checked with my Dad, I guess it was his car. I remember those wheels laying around the garage, and I remember the carpeting that's serving as rear seat upholstery as being our basement carpet, but I have no memory of the car assembled.
It had a flat head.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could find that car today !

Dad says that one got parted out and scrapped. He held onto the wheels and the flathead for decades but finally got rid of them while downsizing to a townhouse.
His previous car had been on the cover of one of the hot rod magazines, and that one got sold so it might still be out there somewhere but he's lost track of it if it is.

Well at least you know.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back